Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:01 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
I love mine. They have plenty of grip when you want it. No slippage at all should it start to rain. My last set lasted around 60k i think. Their wide profile gives my blazer a nice feel. No highway noise. On the road they make just enough noise to let you know that you have wide tires. Mine are 255/70R15's. The only time they rub is at maximum lock on turns in the front. They fill up the wheel wells nice. I would recommend them
Awesome thanks... any offset on your rims?

Old 11-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Hey how are your cooper cobras? I was thinking of them for a lesser aggressive summer tire
Awesome thanks... any offset on your rims?
I dont think so. Im still running my stock rims.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Good to know... my summers are pretty much the same rims as yours but with about 50 round headed bolts circleling the perimeter.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Starting Member

Good to know... my summers are pretty much the same rims as yours but with about 50 round headed bolts circleling the perimeter.
Ah. You have the first gen aluminum 12 hole rims. They both look like american racing rims. I wish mine were a little easier to find like yours. Its hard to find rims like mine in good condition. I think the cooper cobras will look great on them!

Old 11-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
So i have had some time the past 3 weeks. I decided to experiment with reclearing one of my wheels. All 4 of my rims are beat. They have corrosion under the clear, the clear is faded, and the 2 front rims are stained slightly brown from brake dust.
i havent been able to find a thread on doing this type of a repair on one of these types of wheels
Before:

So i started by starting to sand it down with strips of 80 grit sand paper. I sanded it down in a circular motion to make the texture look the best. It took me probably 5 or 6 hours. I got until i had about a quarter of the rim left and i tried using some lacquer thinner. This worked pretty well. I rubbed the lacquer thinner on the spots with clear and used a plastic scraper to scrape the clear off.

Once i had as much of the old clear coat off as i could get, i used a piece of 120 grit sandpaper and sanded the rim down in a circular pattern until i was happy with how the texture looked. I then taped off the tire and used a spray can of rustoleum crystal clear enamel and sprayed the top of the rim.

Texture before clear:

After clear:

I let the rim dry in my garage over night and put it on the passenger side rear of the car in the morning. Im happy with it. Yes that is the ugly side of the car
More pics to come

I also put in a new spyder injector and the send and return fuel lines inside of the intake about a week ago. Was starting rough probably because one of the tips was leaking a little bit. Starts up smooth every time now.
How long did the spyder injector take you to install? I couldn't even get mine started today. Mind you I was only home overnight and it's been sitting for about 3 weeks now. It usually starts rough and the idle's high. I think you can get to about 10 - 15 mph without putting your foot on the pedal.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Lefet
How long did the spyder injector take you to install? I couldn't even get mine started today. Mind you I was only home overnight and it's been sitting for about 3 weeks now. It usually starts rough and the idle's high. I think you can get to about 10 - 15 mph without putting your foot on the pedal.
well i took my time getting it apart because i was planning on having things be brittle and probably. I took all my clips off slowly. When putting one of the fuel lines into the hole on the new spider injector, the line cracked. So i had to wait probably 2 hours for those parts. I also cleaned out the egr hole in the upper and lower intake manifold.

Total time for me, which was my first time doing it, probably 5 or 6 hours. I also put all the bolts i removed in a bunch of dixie cups that i labeled so i knew where they went.

Last edited by 95teal4x4; 11-07-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Very well worth the time!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:20 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Wheels look great. . . I need to do this to mine as well. Mine aren't terrible, but these wheels look awesome cleaned up. I've got the same wheels more or less, 1st Gen Factory version/original. I just have the little faux beadlock / rivets that will make sanding much more tedious.

Glad to see your is still going strong, and looking good. . . I still can't get over all the accident damage you were able to repair. Keep up the good work!

Old 11-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
Wheels look great. . . I need to do this to mine as well. Mine aren't terrible, but these wheels look awesome cleaned up. I've got the same wheels more or less, 1st Gen Factory version/original. I just have the little faux beadlock / rivets that will make sanding much more tedious.

Glad to see your is still going strong, and looking good. . . I still can't get over all the accident damage you were able to repair. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Knightblazer. The damage looks good from a distance. Its a little worse when walking up at a diagonal. But it is just amazing it is driveable again.

your first gen wheels with the beadlocks around it are probably a better candidate for lacquer thinner, then sanding it lightly to get the texture. You can get a small plastic scraper in smaller places than a piece of sandpaper. I have never seen a thread where somebody refinished these style wheels. I might make a How To Thread.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Starting Member

Havent updated this thread for a few weeks. Its still going strong. Kind of disappointed its started to get a rough idle. It comes back sometimes but other times it isnt too bad. Im working on it. It just shakes a little bit, no codes or anything for a misfire. All the sensors look good on my scan tool. Cleaned the EGR, IAC and sprayed a whole can of carb cleaner into the intake while it was running. That helped for some time but it has started to come back. Im currently running a bottle of Chevron Techron through it. It doesnt overheat. Put new spark plugs in and gapped them. Ill figure it out eventually. Still need to put the fuel pump in it.

I put a radiator in it about a week ago. The old one developed a hairline crack and started to leak a little bit when under pressure. Pressure tested the radiator to find it. While i was at it, i bedlinered my radiator support. Only took me a few hours.

Yesterday I gave it a nice wash and hand dried it with a towel. I also put some tire gel on my tires.

the rad support before bedliner:

The rad support after bedliner:

And just a current pic i took last week:

Ive done a few little things in between those things. But im still daily driving it

Quick Reply: 95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics