Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 01:00 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
I was under the truck today, trying to figure out my random single clunk on hard turns from stop. Everything looks nice and snug, not much play in anything.

I have come to the conclusion that my wable is from my toe in and out, my passenger tire is out, and can feel it while making left turns.

I notice this gap on my cv axle and made me think it was not sitting in place, wanted to see about an input before I take it apart.

Driver gap

Passenger

edit: had pictures labelled backwards
im pretty sure mine sits like that too but I’ll check and take pictures

Old 03-14-2020, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Did you make a proper check of your upper ball joints? Last time I had a clunk, it was them.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

It wasn't thorough, but i am not ruling them out. I believe they are about a month old prior to storage, really hope it's not them, as I need to pull the control arm off to get them pressed out and in.

edit: wrote was and not wasnt... sorry had to correct

Old 03-15-2020, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
Default Work on moms jimmy

Old plastic

New to mom aluminum

Old rusted

Cleaned up yard bumped freshly painted

The plastic piece on the fender was missing since purchased a year ago, so finally installed the piece i grabbed from the scrap yard.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran

So I managed to borrow a gauge off my mechanic to check the pressure under the hood, I get 58 psi, and drops to 50 within 10 minutes. My battery will not stay charged, so going to be getting an upgrade from the small affordable, to bigger better. And for the alternator, I'll be bringing mine and my brothers old one to a shop in town to see if I can get a rebuilt ad244, I'll point out the plug I need to make sure I get the proper one, I needed a new belt too so that's another one, gotta make sure its 1.5" longer. Might be looking into the spider injector upgrade, but it might have to wait as it depends on the budget if I need a pump or not.

i haven't checked the fuel pressure at filter or such because I dont have any adapters. As for leaks, they were all repaired reacently and haven't noticed anything new.

but if things going the way they are at work with me making a little more, the blazer fund gets attention because the wife, and I, want to go camping lol her dad lives off a nice river and we can go and see up if we want.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
Default Progress

Picking up a battery tomorrow. And then I'll be able to tell if my alternator is gone, I think I got it down to a very weak battery causing a low voltage to the fuel pump, which in the end is giving me a no start.

I can get it to start finally while being boosted with the malibu, but I gotta let it charge a little first and get the power right to 14, she stays running. Took her for a ride and she started sputtering like she was going to die, but doesnt. If I let off the gas a little and go again lightly, she goes, but I mean lightly.

get home and park and she stayed running. I go to take her to work with me this morning, had a day planned out for afterwards, was going to pamper her, but she sputtered and loss battery power, she wouldnt go above 10ish(amp). That is what lead me to the bad alternator, and the batter was a small budget one to begin with so I would like to upgrade with my sub and amp going in. Also hoping to get my hands on the Burban alternator tomorrow if not Monday.

after shes on the road, I will tackle the none opening read drivers door. Can hear the actuator trying to move, but I believe a plastic clip broke during a cold day.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by eshaw
I'll be interested in seeing some more (better) pics of your finished product. I like the 2 tone setup in my 2016 and thought it might look good in my S10 also. I'm wanting to get some pieces that can be painted so they'll match my steering wheel color and help it flow with the rest of the interior better.
I took a clearer pic yesterday, but not from the passenger side, but wanted to post before I forgot lol

the speaker covers are the charcoal, but the center vent is the same color as the fuse cover and face. I am thinking of doing the arm rests and window switches the pewter/grey color.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

That looks great. I like it a lot.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:43 PM
BF Veteran

So hunting a no start.... or a temperamental blazer throwing a tamper tantrum... but I guess I should pay attention to when I do my tune ups... and also wondering what's causing this on #6.

Old 04-04-2020, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran

Dont mind the mess....

Two tone pewter and charcoal from passenger side. Debating on changing out the air vents... its growing on me... I need to detail it before getting her "back on the road" as a dd...

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer