Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Passenger before
Driver before
Driver before
Passenger before
Passenger after
Driver after
Passenger after
Driver after
Before the RC kit install
RC kit installed
Rear end completed

Old 06-03-2018, 03:46 PM
BF Veteran

So I went to the scrap yard and gambled on a spider injector. So far so good. I had shutters and loss of power. Didn't hook up the scanner so not sure how bad it was. But since I replaced it, I got my power back to as good as it was when I bought it 2 years ago.but my worry now is how dirty it was. Am I worried and should look further into it? I'm hoping to get a good long run with her.

I cleaned it up a bit before putting her back together. Gave her some fuel injector cleaner before filling up as well. Still gotta look into the cat. Shes starting to get a dirty shake in her.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran

I finaly got the bumper I wanted. No more chrome! Other then the center bar on the grill... but that will be gone when I get rid or the pewter. She's not the prettiest, but with some primer and paint and a little plastic fixing, she'll be a beaut. Anyone looking for a nice clean bumper in the lower Ontario?

Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

She's looking great man! Looks good with the new bumper, and the lift!!

Old 06-05-2018, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks Chevy.

Already thinking of going up to the 6 inch down the road if she last that long lol. Also thinking of painting those back black pieces white, like you did with your jimmy. Worst comes to Worst, if I don't like it, I'll just paint them black again. And the bottom pewter will also be getting a semi gloss black.

As for the fuel spider, it's starting to act up again. So debating in what to do. For the 20$ might have to until I get enough for the 350$ new one.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:54 PM

I really like the way they look body color. It was a bravada and envoy thing, and adds a smoother look imo.

Which injector are you looking at, Delphi? I hear good things about the ac Delco ones as well, and I've seen them for around 220 american. as opposed to over 300 for delphi

Old 06-10-2018, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran

Delhi I believe. Can't remember atm.

story time:

so we went for a 3 hour road trip north to magnetawan, didn' take any pictures, but should've. It's very nice there. But my problem is about 2 hours in, my engine light starts flashing at me... so that's not a good sign. Pulling my little coleman pop up tent trailer, no more then 900lbs, I baby it at the speed limit for the rest of the trip there. I finally find my code reader after a week of tearing the house and truck apart, and lone behold I now have 4 codes!

Lean bank 1
lean bank 2
cat
misfire in cylinder 4.

cat I knew was going, I'm on my way to Google to find out about my misfire issue. Hoping it's nothing to costly... wife wants to sell her because she's (the blazer) taking more money then I give to her (the wife)! But I'm trying to talk her into buying her her own car. And keep the blazer for my dd to work and road trips. My work is only 15 minutes down the road so she'll get a good break as a second vehicle.

in the end, I made the trip back, and as long as I don't "lead foot" it, she's holding her own and making it threw. As well, I've notice that I did my suspension work a little to late after swapping out my lower ball joints(moog), so they are gone after all the driving now, and as well the sway bar links I got, are crap and I sway everywhere. So that will be another notch on her bill....

darn you blazer. Why do I like you so much?

Old 06-12-2018, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran

I decided to throw in a different stereo last night, and decided to take a look under the hood to see if I missed anything. Found out I didn't re-tighten the air intake clamp that is right behind the MAF. So tighten that up, and..... voila! No more engine light!

god I wish it was that easy. I' just waitting for it to come back so can get the codes again. I didn' erase them last time, but there are no codes coming up at the moment. But I did come across this when I did a test...

As well before the weekend I reinstalled the brush guard. Had to do a little trimming but turned out good.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:54 PM

Looks nice with the black bumper!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran

Thank you sir. I really like it.

I'll have some free time in about a week or two, so hopefully I'll be getting rid of that pewter. And the last pieces of chrome, including the headlight chrome, might be polar white like the rest of the body.

other then That, today I adjusted my alignment, it got loose and the drivers side was coming out. And I noticed I need to tighten my steering box a little, so I'm going to look into that. Lower ball joints should have been replaced when I did the lift, but got lazy. I had the parts back then, but decided against it for some stupid reason. So that will be done tomorrow before a trip up north.

new problem:

a little confused on this one. Take the sound of bleeding your brakes, the air being pushed out of a tube sound, that sound is coming out when I apply my brakes now. But I am NOT looking brake pressure. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer