Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Rattle, loss of heat shield bugged me, it was starting to clog up and I was losing power, mileage wasn't the best, plus age. I think that's what made me think about replacing. I got mine off a site called ultraexhaust.com.

it didn't have any holes or anything, just surface rust.
Thanks. That really helps. I could be in a very similar boat to you then.

I might or might not be loosing mileage but I definitely have a rattle. Mine looks a bit better than yours but it would probably be best to replace it before it sends stuff down to the new muffler.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

So since I did the cat and o2 sensor swap, I've gotten my mileage back from 350km to about 450km a tank. 425km with the tent trailer on the last trip... just got back from it lol. Here are a few pics.

so in the fourth picture, I actually just got myself in stuck... lol no winch and street tires are NOT what you want to be riding in the sand dunes lol. Fortunately I got some traction plates from my dad a week or so ago. I'll try and remember to take a picture of them next time I'm in the truck. Very useful and handy things to have.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran

Old 07-18-2018, 07:58 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Nice pics! Looks like a fun trip. Those traction plates are neat, I've never seen anything like them before... But I can think of a few times in the past they could've helped me out! Lol

Also, that's a huge jump in mileage. That'll save you a pretty penny at the pump.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks! That was actually my Km when I first got the truck.. so I'm really happy about it

Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
Rattle, loss of heat shield bugged me, it was starting to clog up and I was losing power, mileage wasn't the best, plus age. I think that's what made me think about replacing. I got mine off a site called ultraexhaust.com.

it didn't have any holes or anything, just surface rust.
Hey DonL,

I got my cat free but I am having trouble getting it out. Did you pull it out forward or pull it back to the rear?

I still have my heat shield on mine which I think could be the cause of my problems.

Christine

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 AM
BF Veteran

Forward towards the engine.

I had to break each bolt in order to get them off, as well as prying the cat from the front y pipe was a little work. Other then that, the muffler end wasn't too bad. I rotated a little for the muffler end to come out.but the front dropped and I swung it out the front.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran

Great! Thanks. I'll give it another try in a bit.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran

My bolts were not so bad but I had to cut the inboard rear hanger off to get the clearance I need. I'm hoping the new one is easier to put back in. First I need to get a replacement O2 sensor. I tried to get the old sensor out thinking it might help but I could not. Got the cat out anyway but there is no way I will be able to transfer the old O2 sensor to the new cat.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 PM
BF Veteran

Same thing for me. I soaked my o2 with wd40 for over a day, spraying almost every 3 hours with no luck. Ended up stripping it and wouldn't even budge with vise-grips. Better to go now anyways I find, just rather save some money sometimes, but the blazer won't let me

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer