Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

So, I might be the first guy to squeeze a fully isolated dual battery setup under the hood of a Blazer!

It's a tight squeeze, for sure, but it's all in there and working! The aux battery is running only the lighting currently, eventual plans will have an inverter coming off of it, and of course the winch at some point.

Also, the main battery is my old group 34, that's been drained down a few times. The aux battery is some random free battery a friend gave me from a jeep he worked on. So, eventually I'll be dropping more money than I want to on a pair of deep cycles, most likely a couple optima yellow tops.

Also, want to give a shout out to my buddy at Steffenson Fabrication and Custom Electrical® for building me the bracket that holds the solenoid and aux battery fuse.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks good almost factory. I've got a lot of work to do under the hood to pull this off. You have given me lots of things I want to do now.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:09 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
I still need to figure out a battery tie down. I'll be honest, my stock battery doesn't have any type of tie down, hasn't since I got it, and I've gotten by. But now, with the off roading, I need to figure something out.
I'm not a big fan of the wedge type system where it holds it down at the bottom. I prefer the strap/bracket that goes over the top.
A good old heavy duty rubber bungee does wonders, holds well, won't ark, and is cheap

Old 05-08-2019, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Nah, plenty of room!

Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by odat
A good old heavy duty rubber bungee does wonders, holds well, won't ark, and is cheap
Not a bad idea! Super simple!

Old 05-09-2019, 12:18 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Used them for years - just make sure you use the old school trucker style, heavy duty rubber 1/8 to a 1/4'' thick and a 1'' or so wide not the round elastic motor cycle style .....

Old 05-09-2019, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by odat
Used them for years - just make sure you use the old school trucker style, heavy duty rubber 1/8 to a 1/4'' thick and a 1'' or so wide not the round elastic motor cycle style .....

I know the kind you're talking about. Truckers use them to hold down the tarps when we have a roll off dumpster or something delivered to a job site

Old 05-10-2019, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran

Watch out guys, I might have reached critical white trash levels!

That's the breather vent for the rear diff. Yes, I drilled a hole right through the body. Yes, that's a self tapper holding it down. And yes, the rest of the screw is sticking out into the inner fender lol.

The front diff and tcase vents I ran up as high on the firewall as I could. So they're good unless the hood is completely under water, at that point I'm sure the ecu is fried because it's completely submerged, and I've got bigger problems

Old 05-10-2019, 11:52 PM

I was thinking about doing the same thing. The front diff and trans breathers I am going to run in from the firewall.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:46 PM

Hey cleburne, could you possibly post the measurements from the ground to your fender lips front and rear? I'm just curious how far off I am from yours.

Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread