Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Hey cleburne, could you possibly post the measurements from the ground to your fender lips front and rear? I'm just curious how far off I am from yours.
Sure, man. I just got home from the offroad park, about to leave, but I'll get them to you later tonight.

Also, the snorkel came in handy today... Had water over the headlights lol. Carpets are ruined, but I was expecting that

Old 05-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Haha nice! I did some fender trimming, didn't turn out the best but I can straighten it out when I have more time.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran

Hess, to the center of the fender lip, I'm sitting at 39"/41" front and rear

Old 05-11-2019, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran

So, decided to try the big mud hole that's been getting the best of my friend with the Cherokee. Didn't do so well lol. Super soupy, barely got in and wasn't going anywhere. Got winched out, but the inside was completely flooded! My qt cup in the cup holder floated out lol. Looked like a cartoon when I opened the door and all the water came out!

Never stalled, and was running fine! Till I turned it off. Tried to restart, noting but solenoid click. Thought it might have been something with the dual battery setup, tried jumping, to no avail. Eventually decided it was the starter. Dropped it there in the park with the help of some friends, took it to the O'Reillys on town, and got it replaced under warranty! Old dude at the counter says, "they don't start too good underwater do they?" Got the new starter on, all is good agisn!

Decided to try the hill that broke my front driveshaft last time

Driveshaft didn't break this time, but I think the front axle disconnect is not working. Feels like it's locked in when I turn by hand, but the front wheels aren't turning. I need a bravada shaft, but can't find one. Might just get my buddy (hey Jeff! I know you're reading this!) to just weld the collar onto the gears. Make a poor man's bravada shaft lol.

Finally made it home, though. Leaking atf from what I think is the tcase, no 4wd, throttle was sticking randomly, and super hard gear shifts, and the alignment is toast! Oh, and I broke my skid plate on a rock!

All in all, super fun day!

Old 05-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks. Wow looks like you had some fun today! Hop nothing too serious is wrong.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Hey thanks. Wow looks like you had some fun today! Hop nothing too serious is wrong.
Eh, I'm not worried. Doesn't matter what's broke, it'll all get fixed. And it can't be too bad, cause it made the 90 mile drive back home just fine!

Also, forgot to mention the power locks seem to have become possessed by a ghost. Randomly locking and unlocking themselves. It's a good thing my dad always taught me to roll down the window any time you get out and leave the vehicle running!

And I posted the mud hole pic on a blazer fb group I'm in, and some bitter old man started hating on me lol. Apparently I'm a "spoiled rich brat" because I like to take my $400 truck into the mud!

Old 05-12-2019, 12:11 AM
odat is on a distinguished road

Rule of thumb - if it didn't get broke you didn't have fun .... And hey I'm a old man too but I know what fun is ..... LMAO .....

Old 05-12-2019, 09:06 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by odat
Rule of thumb - if it didn't get broke you didn't have fun .... And hey I'm a old man too but I know what fun is ..... LMAO .....
That's what I always say. If you don't break something, you ain't wheeling hard enough!

And old is just a state of mind, lol!

Old 05-12-2019, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran

Couple of more pics

Score sheet my friends started keeping lol

Not too impressed with the stock carbon fiber skid plate. I don't rock crawl hardly at all, that was the first strike it took, and it broke. I'll be having some 1/8" steel played fabbed up soon

Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran

So, all the nasty yuck mud carpets are gone!

Drilled four small drain holes and washed it out with the hose. The holes need to be bigger, but I'm gonna buy some drain plugs first.

I really don't want to put front seats back in. They're all ripped to shreds and covered in mud. A hard plastic racing type seat would be awesome, but would suck for long drives

Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread