Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Awesome pics of your mud hole lol. Glass I swapped out for aluminum now that I see that lol

Old 05-15-2019, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

You keep setting the bar higher and higher for what our little Blazers can do. I love it.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

So, nothing for sure yet, and it won't be for a while still, but there might be something cool on the way for my blazer...

Only a D30, from an early bronco, but I'm getting a screaming deal on it. Buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Going to look at it Monday. Dunno how I'll get it home, since the Blazer is currently minus interior currently. Maybe it'll fit in the trunk of the Cobalt? Lol

Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Nice! If I keep the 35s on the Jimmy I'll be looking for a solid axle soon also. Just throw your driver's seat back in the Blazer and go get it!

Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Nice! If I keep the 35s on the Jimmy I'll be looking for a solid axle soon also. Just throw your driver's seat back in the Blazer and go get it!
Man, I thought about it. The alignment is kinda messed up from the last wheeling trip, and it sprung a mystery atf leak lol. Don't want to drive it that far. I've got buddy's with trucks, or I can borrow my parents if need be.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran

Well, the D30 fell through. Buddy is having a real hard time locating an axle to replace it with, so I told him just run the D30 until he can find a D44 to drop in. So, I'm back on the prowl for a bravada shaft!

Also, got my interior back in, and the big main wiring harness lengthened and tucked up out of the way. There's foil looking pieces stuck all over the floor, though, I guess as a heat shield? Gonna be a pain in the *** to remove those when it's time to put the bed liner down!

Old 05-18-2019, 06:59 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

yup heat shields, try a 1 &1/2 to a 2'' sharpened putty knife - makes a great gasket scraper too .....

Old 05-25-2019, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran

So, I'm off to pick n pull tomorrow, they're having their 50% off sale this weekend. Gonna try to get two manual bucket seats, to replace mine that are ripped to shreds and covered in mud. Also need a new remote oil filter housing, the mounting tabs are broken on mine, and it's held up with zip ties lol.

But what I'm most excited about is finding a bravada shaft. I've given up on trying to locate a 96 and older one, so I'm biting the bullet and getting the newer style. I'll have two different style cv axles, but that's not really that big an issue.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:32 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

"But what I'm most excited about is finding a bravada shaft. I've given up on trying to locate a 96 and older one, so I'm biting the bullet and getting the newer style. I'll have two different style cv axles, but that's not really that big an issue."

I'm not so sure that will work. I'll be interested in seeing if you can swap slip in style axle tubes to the older front differential. If you do it you might want to think about doing a write up on the swap. Everything I've ever read stated that a spacer had to be fabricated in order to do it but that's just what I've read.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by eshaw
"But what I'm most excited about is finding a bravada shaft. I've given up on trying to locate a 96 and older one, so I'm biting the bullet and getting the newer style. I'll have two different style cv axles, but that's not really that big an issue."

I'm not so sure that will work. I'll be interested in seeing if you can swap slip in style axle tubes to the older front differential. If you do it you might want to think about doing a write up on the swap. Everything I've ever read stated that a spacer had to be fabricated in order to do it but that's just what I've read.
Well, we'll be finding out shortly. I got the shaft, tube, and cv from a 2000 bravada. The cv is probably junk, but I grabbed it just to prove it all either fits or doesn't fit. I'll replace with a new one if it does in fact fit. If it doesn't, I'm sure there's a member here who would love to take if off my hands for me!

I also got a new remote oil filter housing, since the mounting tabs are broken on mine.

And, I grabbed a set of manual, cloth cavilier seats, and swapped them to manual S10 tracks in the yard.

They don't match the interior but they aren't ripped to shreds, and I'll most likely have some seat covers on them anyways. I like the little side bolsters they have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread