Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

German 98 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I misread that,your winch is done. You were replying to another.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

Hi, no problem...

Still figuring out how to mount the compressor, but you`re right, space is tight. I think I`ll be ending with converting my a/c compressor to an air compressor...

Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I thought about that too. Im old enough that I can remember most vehicles coming without A/C. Not sure I wanna live without it now though. lol
My build is going much slower than yours. Im still searching for my Iron front carrier and G80 so Im not purchasing the lift kit until those are in my possesion. So I have time to save up for that winch. Me personally, I couldnt fabricate somthing better. YOU on the other hand probably can.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

Hmm, my a/c is broken anyhow, so maybe I`ll just convert it to an air compressor...

Yesterday i managed it to break my shower hose in my bathroom. But, i can add it to the shower in my car, what nets in 3,5m shower hose:

Yes, i like stickers:

Got this thing for about 4$ shipped:

Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Had my CEL coming on this morning, but it drove just normal. Will have a look after work...

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM

When i drove home from work today, i thought i noticed blue smoke in the mirror. But oil pressure and temp seemed normal, so i continued. About 2 miles from home it started smoking blue. But oil pressure and temp stayed normal so i floored it and got home.
When i got out of the car i noticed oil flowing out of the engine bay. I had a look and realized it came from my tranny oil cooler. So i disassembled it and this is what i saw:

Well, of course this was when it was getting dark, and i don`t have a garage. The oil spilled out of the hose and hits the fan. So it was all over the engine and smelled freaking bad. So i replaced the hose and pressure washed the engine and the rest of the car.
This is where the fun starts:

Then i hooked up my obd reader to check the code and my laptop died. Yeah, this is my day...

After a while i got it figured out and this is the code it read:

P1870-transmission component slipping

Maybe it was just low on oil. I just cleared the code. Will see tomorrow what it does when i drive to work...

Well, this was my "fun day"...

Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of service (pressure, temp, & fluid type) is that hose rated for? It shouldn't have failed that quickly!

How much restriction is there going through that "cooler"? The only thing that will cause a lot of pressure in that line is restriction in the cooler. Using something from a different application such as you have may have caused a higher than intended restriction in the system.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Hi, it`s a hydraulic hose, rated for a bit over 1000psi.

I think the problem was a sharp edge in the connector and a not ideal line routing. I smoothed both out and i think it`ll do fine now...

Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would still be worried about having too much restriction through the cooler.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:42 PM

Why? It has a better flow than any transmission cooler i`ve seen. It`s a common way around here to use a/c coolers...

Btw, i got that code since i have the car, so it`s definitely not related to the cooler...

Quick Reply: German 98 Blazer build