Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

German 98 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Led's look good. I like the flipped mounts better. It looks cleaner that way. Nice work on the laptop mount. The cupholder is an especially nice touch

Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy evrything but the..well are you going to have a sink?
Serious vehicle here, Like the mounting points for the camping LEDS and the attention.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

When you have this project finished. Could you roll it across some scales? Really curious to see what it weighs, fully loaded.

Always love coming back to this build to see what has been done.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JST4SHO
Crazy evrything but the..well are you going to have a sink?
No, no need for a sink. I can wash the dishes easy with the showerhead...

Originally Posted by Jmooney152
When you have this project finished. Could you roll it across some scales? Really curious to see what it weighs, fully loaded.
I think i`ll weight it before i leave for the next trip...

Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Really nice project thus far ive been following the whole way and really wish i had more trails were i live cause id prolly do something like this on a lil smaller scale. Really like the led camping lights nice touch.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 99blaz
...and really wish i had more trails were i live cause id prolly do something like this on a lil smaller scale.
Well, we have absolutely no trails in germany. You are not even allowed to drive the unpaved roads...

Took some measurements for the sliders today. Didn`t think that i need that much steel...
I applied for a job today, and should get a call if they take me on wednesday. If so, I`ll buy the steel on the way back...

Btw, should get my water tank tomorrow, so stay tuned for updates...

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Shopped at our 1€ store today. Got all those things for about 15$:

Here`s the proof that i can reach the shifter just normal:

Added some anti slip mat to the laptop mount:

Then i took the radio out to add a aux input. Unfortunately my radio isn`t convertable, so i put it back together...

Also got that thing for cheap, but i`m not sure where to mount it:

Then my water tank arrived:

Perfect fit:

Made a mount for it:

Mounted:

My soldering iron died and i had to use my 75W one. Slightly oversized...

The pump mounted:

This pump has some serious pressure. I think i`ll put a adjustable resistor in to reduce it a bit:

Finished install:

I think i`ll have to find a better way to store the hose. Suggestions?

There`s another problem i found. The pump doesn`t stop the water when it`s not pumping. So if the showerhead is lower than the tank, it will drain out. Any suggestions on solving this problem?
I could mount the showerhead higher, but that`s not the elegant way...

Last edited by Steinbruchsoldat; 03-29-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A small ball valve at the shower head would probably be better on the pump than putting a rheostat on the power feed to the pump. It would also stop the siphoning of water out of the tank.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 PM

You think a valve to reduce the water flow?I thought about that, but i think it`s bad for the pump when it`s pumping against the valve...

Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it were to pump against a closed valve for too long, it would heat up the water and potentially damage the pump, but so long as there is water flowing, it won't be a problem. You are actually using more power from the motor at wide open flow than you are when you reduce the flow.

Quick Reply: German 98 Blazer build