Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
shanerouleau is on a distinguished road

first off nice clean rig! looking at doing the RC lift myself, just a couple questions for yah. did u install the lift yourself or have it done for you. also how hard was it or how long did it take? secondly for your grill when you painted it did you use any sort of special paint for it? thanks alot and keep up the great work on your rig!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shanerouleau
first off nice clean rig! looking at doing the RC lift myself, just a couple questions for yah. did u install the lift yourself or have it done for you. also how hard was it or how long did it take? secondly for your grill when you painted it did you use any sort of special paint for it? thanks alot and keep up the great work on your rig!
Thank a lot man! Awesome I love the lift. I dont have the tools or knowledge for all the suspension parts so had TireProz install it. Took them around 4/5 hours or so. Did a great job. For the grille I got it on ebay and it was pretty cheap! Thanks man!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM

Well this is a task I've been putting off since I got the GMC a couple years ago.. Finally ordered a door lock actuator from a company online and then I tackled to do the swap. Ended up being the wrong part. Only person I found that had the correct part was on eBay.

Door Lock Latch Assembly with Actuator GM 15763388

Remove screw behind door handle and 2 bolts under door handle. Pull door towards you and hear clips pop out, slide up out of the window sill.

Peel back rain guard.

Locked and Unlocked (after new actuator was installed)

Pop out 2 rods on left side with pliers.

Unscrew three screws.

Pop out 2 rods on right side. I used a pliers pushing on the mount under the front of the rod and pushing the back of the rod towards the front. to reinstall i used the same method plus my cell phone on camera mode to see inside the door area.

Un Plug 3 plugs. They each have a clip to lift on the backs.

Slide actuator up and out middle hole not bottom hole. also re insert same direction.

Here is where it was!

Re Install same way! My driver side lock works great now with my remote woo hoo!

Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Z85TB is on a distinguished road

I have a couple questions for ya'....

* How is it "0% tint" in the back? Is it just the very back window? Looking at the truck and being in Woodbury, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a tint tic.

* I see you ordered a DRL delete kit? Do the Jimmy's have a different setup than the Blazers or something? Because I can disable mine easily whenever I want (and do so often) per stock design. I can also disable them with my full size '00 Sierra too using the same method. So I guess I'm confused and wondering if the light buttons are different from a Jimmy to a Blazer.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Z85TB
I have a couple questions for ya'....

* How is it "0% tint" in the back? Is it just the very back window? Looking at the truck and being in Woodbury, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a tint tic.

* I see you ordered a DRL delete kit? Do the Jimmy's have a different setup than the Blazers or something? Because I can disable mine easily whenever I want (and do so often) per stock design. I can also disable them with my full size '00 Sierra too using the same method. So I guess I'm confused and wondering if the light buttons are different from a Jimmy to a Blazer.
I got 5% added on top of my stock tint so it is around 0% total. You can have any % you want on the back window of trucks and suvs so no tickets. I have my sides at stock and my fronts at 30% which most cops dont bother people for. Only ticket I could get is the 30% on front doors.

The kit I used was just to make High Beams and Low Beams work together. For DRL I just bent 2 pins in a fuse under the hood and they went away.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah here in VA the law states that if its on a truck frame the back windows can be as dark as you want the only ones they can write you for are the driver and passenger front windows. The legal limit here is 50% on those two windows. Mine are 10% on all the rear windows and 35% on the front two but they look way darker with the dark interior and dark back windows. I went to the eye doctor and got myself a fancy little note that says I'm allowed to have the 35% since my eyes are sensitive to the sunlight. So even if I get stopped I have my get out of jail free pass listed on my license and registration of my truck

Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yeah here in VA the law states that if its on a truck frame the back windows can be as dark as you want the only ones they can write you for are the driver and passenger front windows. The legal limit here is 50% on those two windows. Mine are 10% on all the rear windows and 35% on the front two but they look way darker with the dark interior and dark back windows. I went to the eye doctor and got myself a fancy little note that says I'm allowed to have the 35% since my eyes are sensitive to the sunlight. So even if I get stopped I have my get out of jail free pass listed on my license and registration of my truck
Damn I gotta go to your doctor, my doctor wont do that for me!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I have 5% over all the back windows besides the rearmost window (need to see out at night) and 2.5% on my front windows. And its real dark!! But after having it I wouldnt have it any other way. You can not see in the back windows. You can put your face up to the window and cup your hands and you still cant see in.
The front is dark but its not too bad. Night driving took some getting used to but its worth it. Even at night you cant see in. Try it and you will love the privacy, just take it easy for the first few night drives.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by dustinhxc
I got 5% added on top of my stock tint so it is around 0% total. You can have any % you want on the back window of trucks and suvs so no tickets. I have my sides at stock and my fronts at 30% which most cops dont bother people for. Only ticket I could get is the 30% on front doors.

The kit I used was just to make High Beams and Low Beams work together. For DRL I just bent 2 pins in a fuse under the hood and they went away.
Oh I see. I think the stock is around 19% on those back 3 windows. I knew the very back on a truck could be whatever, but the sides technically aren't supposed to have more than 50, but on SUVs they seem to not look at it as much. I had my fronts matched to the rest since it looked funny otherwise, which I think they're at 20%. I have a neighbor with almost the same S10 TrailBlazer as I have and he said he had one cop harass 'em about the rear door tint and he told 'em it was factory smoked! I think he was just looking to pick the truck apart though looking to write a ticket or two. I guess for that matter driving thru Woodbury (the truck is in Woodbury a lot) my tint isn't too much different than yours, front a little darker and back not as much.

I'd like to get that high beam kit like that, for all three GMs really.
As for the DRLs... were you/are you not aware you could disable those using the factory 'dome overide' button?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by pj5454302
I have 5% over all the back windows besides the rearmost window (need to see out at night) and 2.5% on my front windows. And its real dark!! But after having it I wouldnt have it any other way. You can not see in the back windows. You can put your face up to the window and cup your hands and you still cant see in.
The front is dark but its not too bad. Night driving took some getting used to but its worth it. Even at night you cant see in. Try it and you will love the privacy, just take it easy for the first few night drives.
That's too dark for my taste, and somewhat dangerous at night IMO. I have 5% on my Sierra's rear slider and it's damn dark at night. I actually slide it open to see out if I'm backing up at night. For a rear window I do like the darkness, but that's the downfall - the night visibility. Not as big of a deal w/a slider obviously but I wouldn't want anything darker than 19/20 on my sides.

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc