Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

about what parts of MN are you located?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Beginning Member
shawn_s is on a distinguished road

thanks, wonder if its any different on a ZR2. truck looks great too

Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
about what parts of MN are you located?
Woodbury!

Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Installed some 7500k in my hi beams but when I flick my hi beams on the low beams turn off.. Any ideas?

Tahoe tow hooks coming in mail...

Old 09-01-2012, 10:30 PM

MrTailLight.com Online Store

hell yea found it!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Cool

So I bought some 90s Tahoe Tow Hooks from ebay. They are stronger and bigger. The Bolts now are grooved through the frame too and have a nut and washer. So they are WAY stronger than stock setup. Only downfall is they are shorter but that may make them even stronger I guess...

Here is stock next to the Tahoe hooks.

Went and bought 4 Metric m12x50 1.75 pitch bolts, nuts, and washers. Also a 31/64" Drill Bit.

I sanded only the rust off of the hooks so they arent the smoothest looking. But good enough. I used Rust Proof Black Paint. When I bolted them on the black came off the bolts a bit. Anyone know of a better paint to use for these?

Drilled the stock holes to 31/64"

As you can see the larger bolts now groove, the stock didnt even do that!

Bottom with Nuts and Washers.

Top with Bolts.

Sorry the sun is out but a couple shots.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Cool

I ordered the kit from here MrTailLight.com Online Store

for Quad Light setup. When you turn your Hi Beams on the Low Beams stay on.. Let me just say.. FINALLY my hi beams have a purpose. Was so pointless before.. LOVE THIS..

Im sure if youre on this forum you already know to do this.. un clip the 2 clips upwards. pull headlight housing out.

Unplug the wires from behind the headlight bulbs.

Pull the casing back. Clip the clips onto the yellow and blue on the lo beams and the purple on hi beams.

Drill 1/8" hole (make sure the unit will be able to sit in that spot when the headlight housing is put back in place) look out for Radiator of course.

Screw in unit and terminal ring.

Plug in Yellow to Yellow, Purple to Purple, Fuse Wire to Blue.

I taped up around the wires so they arent hanging loose and put the headlight housing back in.

I have automatic lights off by using the resistor in the sensor, I have daytime running lights off by bending the clips over in the fuse under the hood, now here is with lo beams only turned on.

Here is with hi beams on.

Ta Da.. Clap Clap Clap.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Trucks coming along nice man I really like it allot!! I would look into getting some grade 8 nuts and bolts for those tow hooks. I would hate to see you shear those soft bolts off pulling on someone or getting pulled out.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Trucks coming along nice man I really like it allot!! I would look into getting some grade 8 nuts and bolts for those tow hooks. I would hate to see you shear those soft bolts off pulling on someone or getting pulled out.
X2 I have the same tow hooks and for like $3 I went to grade 8 bolts. Cheap insurance, they have been used many times with hard yanks and have never moved.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by pj5454302
X2 I have the same tow hooks and for like $3 I went to grade 8 bolts. Cheap insurance, they have been used many times with hard yanks and have never moved.
Awesome!

I looked on the tops of mine and they are all Class 10.9
I looked at this chart here Bolt Grade Markings and Strength Chart and it has the same ratings as US Grade 8. Awesome!

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc