Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by war00
just double check to make sure everything is tight in the front end, and i would recommend the steering stabilizer, as its rec from rc.
good thinkin yea ill probably get it anyways and alright thanks!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

yup even tho im a lic mechanic and installed the lift my self, every weekend for about a month after the install i jacked up the front end to make sure everything was good now i give it a good once over when i do a lube, oil filter. with sixs months of this kit now the only thing that needs replaced is the idler but they are junk to begin with no matter what brand you put in. im thinking of installing the upgrade 1 ton idler from syngery. yea its $300 but its gonna be the last time you replace it and wont need an alignment for awhile, thats my thought process behind it.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 PM

yup even tho im a lic mechanic and installed the lift my self, every weekend for about a month after the install i jacked up the front end to make sure everything was good now i give it a good once over when i do a lube, oil filter. with sixs months of this kit now the only thing that needs replaced is the idler but they are junk to begin with no matter what brand you put in. im thinking of installing the upgrade 1 ton idler from syngery. yea its $300 but its gonna be the last time you replace it and wont need an alignment for awhile, thats my thought process behind it.
oh wow good to know! Thanks! What torque is everything suppose to be at or is it all different? Or do you only use torque on the wheels? Sorry Im new to torque wrenchs haha

Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

for steering components im sure there is a torque spec do i know it, no, i use an impact gun and go for tight, plus everything has a castle nut and cotter pin which needs to be installed. For the wheels i torque them to 100ft-lbs.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 PM

for steering components im sure there is a torque spec do i know it, no, i use an impact gun and go for tight, plus everything has a castle nut and cotter pin which needs to be installed. For the wheels i torque them to 100ft-lbs.
Alright cool, thanks!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Went to a small meet tonight.. Parked next to my friends slammed mk3..

Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM

So I took my recently sanded and painted tow hooks off. I taped around the bumper, skid plate, and bushings. Sanded and painted with Semi Flat Rust Tough Enamel Paint the frame brackets around the tow hooks and put some on the front frame and sway bars to hopefully hold rust off on those too. Looks way better and should hold the rust off for a bit. Cant even see the frame in most the photos but oh well haha

So a couple days ago I sanded some front end parts by hand and with a rotary tool then polished and then used an anti rust enamel semi flat black paint. Yesterday I did the rear parts that were showing.. Trailer Hitch, brackets, and exhaust..

Last edited by dustinhxc; 06-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 PM

So a couple days ago I sanded some front end parts by hand and with a rotary tool then polished and then used an anti rust enamel semi flat black paint. Yesterday I did the rear parts that were showing.. Trailer Hitch and brackets and exhaust..

Old 06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

man you rig is CLEAN lol specially for a MN ride lol props man looks great!!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 247monster
man you rig is CLEAN lol specially for a MN ride lol props man looks great!!
Thanks a lot man!! I can see the rust forming under the rear bumper I dont want it to come up in to view

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc