Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

looks good man, im really liking the black grill. i really need to get off my a$$ and do some work on my truck. but working on other peoples rigs all day i dont wanna work on mine...lol

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by war00
looks good man, im really liking the black grill. i really need to get off my a$$ and do some work on my truck. but working on other peoples rigs all day i dont wanna work on mine...lol
Thanks I appreciate that! Yeah I hear ya there I bet haha

Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

This is turning into a very clean rig man!! I love the little things that you are doing just to clean it up a bit nice job and keep it up!!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
This is turning into a very clean rig man!! I love the little things that you are doing just to clean it up a bit nice job and keep it up!!
Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah I just can't stand seeing any Rust haha..
I noticed some coming up on the front of the hood and also the very bottom of my rear bumper

Tucked the trailer wire away today.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Beginning Member
rocpede4x4 is on a distinguished road

U have a awsome looking Jimmy, keep up the good work

Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by rocpede4x4
U have a awsome looking Jimmy, keep up the good work
I appreciate that so much Thanks!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

dustin, that is one sweet looking ride man, do you ever wheel that thing ??

Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
dustin, that is one sweet looking ride man, do you ever wheel that thing ??
Thanks man! Ive never tried 4 wheeling but I want to now that I did the mods!!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member
FarmBlazer is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome man! I have a 96 2-dr, I am saving up to get this exact lift kit (after I replace my cracked injector with MPI injector assembly). I have a T-bar crank and rear air shock for towing. I have run 2 sets of 31's since about February '10, a set of heavy Michelins and a set of out-of-round BFG knockoff AT's and I havent had a problem from my axles. I also can say this truck is still amazing in snow, I have to cross a mountain every day and it went right over in our typical western NC winter: 6" of snow with losta ice and slush. Until you get up into 33's, there will be no drop in winter performance, and even then, not by a lot. I do better with 31's than with the stock 235's, cant say for stopping in the snow cause my ABS went out before I switched tire sizes and so I had ABS for 235's but no ABS for 31's. I love how clean it is, mine is a similar color but clear coat fading and it is a farmtruck, I tore out the carpet and panels behind the drivers seat for godssake.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by FarmBlazer
Looks awesome man! I have a 96 2-dr, I am saving up to get this exact lift kit (after I replace my cracked injector with MPI injector assembly). I have a T-bar crank and rear air shock for towing. I have run 2 sets of 31's since about February '10, a set of heavy Michelins and a set of out-of-round BFG knockoff AT's and I havent had a problem from my axles. I also can say this truck is still amazing in snow, I have to cross a mountain every day and it went right over in our typical western NC winter: 6" of snow with losta ice and slush. Until you get up into 33's, there will be no drop in winter performance, and even then, not by a lot. I do better with 31's than with the stock 235's, cant say for stopping in the snow cause my ABS went out before I switched tire sizes and so I had ABS for 235's but no ABS for 31's. I love how clean it is, mine is a similar color but clear coat fading and it is a farmtruck, I tore out the carpet and panels behind the drivers seat for godssake.
Hey I appreciate the feedback! Thats great to hear and I cant wait for snow now Thanks for the input.. yeah the kit is great youll like it!

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc