Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Just another 2000 Blazer LT repair build

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Besel53 is on a distinguished road

While replacing the steering rag joint, I pulled spark plug #3. While all the other plugs were new, this one looked original to the vehicle. New iridium plug installed to match the other ones. Gap was huge.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:50 PM

Jimmy rig fix... I cleaned the MAF sensor, then decided to clean a few other things as well. While cleaning the PCV valve and tube, I noticed a wear spot. Sure enough, it had worn through. Not wanting to have to find one, I cleaned it well, sanded it up, and filled it with JB Weld, lol. Should work. Two nuts for holding down the top of the airbox also just pulled out, so I glued those in too, just have to see if it holds.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Gotta love that JB Weld!

Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice fixing.

JB weld is just great! Just clean properly and make sure no oil or grease is on a surface and it will stick.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 PM

Tonight was a big night of parts cleaning. My Rockauto order comes in tomorrow with gaskets, new spider, and a few other things. Tons of scrubbing, the manifold and valve covers were caked. Tried to use laquer thinner and go to town, but it was barely making a dent. Same with carb cleaner. So I ran and got a bunch of brake cleaner, luckily it was on super sale at Menards, only $1.79 a can! I ended up using 6+ cans, but I'm glad I took the time, they look like new, well, almost.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I have a 2000 ls and I had no idea the valve covers says v6 vortec on them pretty sure mine are just super dirty. Looks amazingly clean might have to clean mine now.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hadyss
I have a 2000 ls and I had no idea the valve covers says v6 vortec on them pretty sure mine are just super dirty. Looks amazingly clean might have to clean mine now.
Hahaha, yeah, you couldn't see mine at all either. Was crazy thick on top of the valve covers for sure. I ended up soaking pretty good in brake cleaner and using a soft brass brush.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

once its all back together you should have no problem starting in the cold, I'm up in Canada and mine was starting in -40c in December had to be plugged in after -27 but would still start. I picked up an optima red top battery best choice I've ever made

Old 01-24-2018, 04:10 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I had my covers in the parts washer two times and still black gunk sticking on the outside and brownish on the inside.

Made the website for a guy who does dry-ice blasting and got all my stuff blasted as part of the deal.
5 minutes and they were looking like new.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by error_401
I had my covers in the parts washer two times and still black gunk sticking on the outside and brownish on the inside.

Made the website for a guy who does dry-ice blasting and got all my stuff blasted as part of the deal.
5 minutes and they were looking like new.
Yeah, mine are still brownish on the inside. The brass brush and repetitive spraying with brake clean is really what helped with the gunk

Originally Posted by Hadyss
once its all back together you should have no problem starting in the cold, I'm up in Canada and mine was starting in -40c in December had to be plugged in after -27 but would still start. I picked up an optima red top battery best choice I've ever made
Good to know! I sure hope so. That reminds me....I need to try the block heater again. Last time I was messing with stuff when it was really cold it would pop my garage GFCI outlet. I had a lot of stuff plugged in though.

Quick Reply: Just another 2000 Blazer LT repair build