Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I got them from a member on here that was selling his when he went sfa. And the shackles I won on eBay.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Starting Member
WalkGood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
The throttle body mod is basically cutting the baffle off of the throttle blade. ........................
Personally I would say just cut it and leave the rivets alone.
Thanks!

Is it a big deal removing the throttle blade?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

To remove the throttle blade from the throttle body is as easy as pulling the intake bonnet and removing 2 screws. If your expecting a huge hp gain with tons of performance then you will be let down. But if you are just looking for a little extra pep when you take off then I think it's with it. Really the biggest difference is the lag when going from a dead stop and pushing the gas to o is eliminated. I'm happy I did it just for that reason

Last edited by rexmburns; 03-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
1999BlueMobile is on a distinguished road

So I'm looking at new front end parts from Moog because of the lifetime warranty, (correct me if this is false info that I've gathered about warranty), and was wondering if the front upper ball joints from the s10 pickups from 84-04 are the same as the s10 blazer models from 84-94? Would be nice if I could order parts with high warranty limits on them so that when they do need replacing they are free/cheaper. If you have any better info, I'd love to know! Thanks!

Oh and by the way, just about to take a few more pics and starting the build thread asap!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
JMC
JMC is on a distinguished road

how can you tell if you are in hi or lo 4 wheel? thinking about trying your set up...

Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

I still have to push the button on the dash to engage the tcase. The posilock only engages the front diff.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Beginning Member
Jrbiem is on a distinguished road

Love your build Rex. Just read through the whole thread while sitting at work bored out of my mind. Just picked up my 2000 Blazer a couple weeks ago and recently started a build thread of my own. So I'd like to thank you for adding even more ideas to my neverending list of things I'd like to do! haha That Monstaliner is high up on the list once I get debadged, de-fake scooped, and de striped!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the compliments!! And your welcome for the ideas I get most of mine form this site as well

Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Rex, how ya been, i called B&M and inquired on the shift plus like you have..
currently there is not a version for a 2000 and up 4l60e, but i did mention that a few folks have used the same one you have on theres, and it works except for no changing on the fly, the guy at b&m could not back up any of those claims because of liability issues, so i will need to go and find out what the other people did to make it work on later model 4L60e trannys... i will stop by soon.. later Robert

Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Your exactly right! For the newer vehicles you have to stop the truck and at least put it in park possibly turn it off then switch it. I have been reading that alot online and people have no other issues than that using it on newer vehicles Stop by whenever you want man!!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build