Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:05 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

High pinion right? Free shocks!

Old 01-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

No it's still a low pinion but it's a full float axle so it will be much easier to service and a bit stronger. Plus I can now do a disk brake swap much easier. The shocks are junk but I'll add em to the scrap pile that's at about 200lbs from all the crap I've pulled off these axles!

Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I used the same rotors as the front for my rear 14FF disk conversion, and mid 70s GM truck front calipers with a home made caliper bracket. Completed it only cost me about $100 with all new brake hardware(calipers were $18!)

Old 01-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yeah that's exactly what I have is 75 k20 rotors and calipers that I bought to use with the 60 so all I have to do is buy the brackets and bolts it all on. The bracket is $47 shipped from greatlakeoffroad thru pirate so I'll pay that rather than trying to make my own just cause it seems easier!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:16 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

jesus Christ man just when I thought u were almost done some mods u go and do a solid axle swap with all the beefy axles and gears. I so cant wait to see the turn out id love to do the swap but way to much money,time,and modification then I have time for to do. at least u went with a dana 44 and a 14 bolt rear as those are bullet proof.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I don't think I'll ever be finished with changes to this thing! After the SAS will be bumpers and then I think I've settled on an LS swap rather than the vortec swap. It will be more work and certainly more money but I think it will also be far more worth it in the end. I'll start collecting those parts after the SAS is done and hopefully have everything ready to go by next winter

Old 01-18-2014, 01:55 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I just now tried to change the name of this thread to "huge 96 blazer build thread"

.........it would not let me..... LOL

Old 01-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
Shadow421 is on a distinguished road

You know Rex, I am completely inspired by your build. I have been waiting for you to do SAS ever since I first read your build because i know you will cover it in great detail! Keep up the great work and PICTURES!!
p.s. My girlfriend hates you because any good (bad in her eyes lol) ideas I have had for my blazer I have gotten from you. Now i just need the time to continue working on it.. lol

Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hahahaha rich that is hilarious!!! Sorry the title can never change

Shadow thanks for the compliments! Tell your wife she should be happy cause most of what I do is done with a bit of brainstorming and as little money a possible (except this damn SAS) it has gotten a bit past where I intended $ wise but I decided if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right the first time and be done with it rather than having to I back and do all the little crap that's easier now than later. And of course I'll have plenty of pics along the way for everyone

Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

How does it feel to be the most hated man in Shadow's household? lmao

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build