Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yea i got rid of those drums as soon as i could. not only are they heavy as heck the are a pain to inspect, you have to pull the bearings everytime you want to clean the mud out of them. i think some of the newer ones might have slide on drums

Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yeah and for the cost of the disk swap compared to redoing all of the drum stuff I actually came out ahead after using $40 off coupons at Advanceauto! It just didn't make sense to keep all that heavy crap on that axle anymore. Now it just needs to get warm and I am going to start welding

Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I am running a mid 80s F350 master cylinder in the Jeep with the same disk brake setup you are and it works fantastic. It's a disk/drum master pushing 4 calipers.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Disk brackets came today so I painted them and got them on along with getting the rest of the hub rotor and calipers installed. I didn't get pics of the rest only the brackets cause I ran out of time.

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-c357cc50-3a37-43fe-ad04-84b5d3685273_zpscyrrotai.jpg  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Holy crap, that was quick! When I order things, it's usually a week or two before I get them. One of the drawbacks to living western Canada I guess...

Lookin good!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I've been lucky with quick shipping on everything I've ordered so far. The longest was a damn spindle stud I ordered from 4wheelparts.com that thing took 10 days to get here for one little tiny stud!! And it was the most expensive shipping of everything I've ordered too!!! I'm hoping my ubolts will ship back out tomorrow so they will be here early next week but we shall see.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well my progress will be slowing significantly for a bit. The wife lost her job today due to her company not being able to make its payroll anymore. Sadly that equals out to about $80k a year loss for our house and more importantly our two children's and my wife's health insurance (Obama care here we come!). I'll pick up her portion of the expenses until she finds work but that is going to make my play money non existent until she's working again.

I will do what I can with what I have already but the couple big things (tires, steering). Are going to have to wait for a while.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That stinks, man! I hope she finds something quick for your family's healthcare sake! (I checked into that stuff... affordable health care act my ***!)

Old 01-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Beginning Member
Shadow421 is on a distinguished road

Im sorry to hear that. Losing income in a household is always hard.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah Obama crap is crap!!

I talked to my boss today he is going to pick up %100 of our healthcare for us to help us out!! Thank god I work for amazing people who understand what a hard time is and are willing to help my family out.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build