Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Beginning Member
WittyW is on a distinguished road

Welp, I just read your entire thread (took my a couple days xD). But I must say you have one kick-a** Blazer. Gotten a lot of inspiration and ideas from you. My build thread is a little bit smaller than yours (mines only 2 pages haha). I love your Blazer, my favorite mod of yours would probably have to be your drawer in the back. Extremely functional and looked like it was supposed be there.

Good luck with your family, hopefully you guys can get it all figured out.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yeah Obama crap is crap!!

I talked to my boss today he is going to pick up %100 of our healthcare for us to help us out!! Thank god I work for amazing people who understand what a hard time is and are willing to help my family out.
You have a great employer Rex. I hope your wife can find something else quick. I know how hard it is to be a single income household.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Beginning Member
Muddigger86 is on a distinguished road
Default nice ride and great right up

changing to a manual shifter and thinking of doing the cable to front end swap next.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well went and played in the mud yesterday and as I was puling back onto the blacktop this came on!! (don't mind the mud lol)

And then of course I had very little in the way of braking power
I parked it and let is sit cause everything was wet underneath and I figured it had to be a leak of some sort and trying to find a wet spot on a wet chassis just isn't intelligent if you ask me So today I started it up and pumped the brakes a few times and got lucky and found my wet spot in the first place I looked

Guess I need a new brake line.

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-fb70790d-e813-4615-9165-e0ec82e5e09b_zpshxwl3eth.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-72f77e5a-98cd-4f9b-a368-44519aa2366b_zpsb3wkhnrj.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-8ce4c13a-d9ab-445c-844a-ead7cbb99a84_zpsnniyl2hq.jpg  
Old 02-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Was it the brake hose, or steel line?

Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The steel line actually.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:26 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

just finished reading your build it is mint!!! definitely wanting to do a couple more things to my jimmy now. how do you like the bedliner? im asking because i have some a couple tiny spot or rust showing through and cant decide weather to take it to a body guy or do something like this. i love the look of it. did you have any rust at all before you started and has it shown through? thanks

Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the compliments it's been a long road with an even longer road ahead lol!! I love the Monstaliner. I didn't and still don't have a single spec of rust on my truck I just did it for the protection and look of it. I know many have used it during their rust repair adventures with great results.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
The steel line actually.
I'm not surprised, I've done my rear brake line twice now. It corrodes through and pops.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I use nothing but copper-nickel alloy brake lines now - so sick of replacing steels. The road salt here eats them up VERY quickly.

Ni-Cop is pricey, but it's a joy to work with (can make all your bends with your fingers), and while they turn a shade of green when exposed to salt, they don't blow out on you.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build