Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: 74 K5 (Kenosha)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Beginning Member
Red Devil is on a distinguished road

Zack is this thread still alive?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

wow. i havent been on here in a while. anyways updates. i got my exhaust up and running. i got fuel lines and a tank in. i got the lights to work the engine running good and im currently working on the rear brake lines. this is what she looks like now.

i cant exactly do anything else to her on the fact that christmas is coming up and i have barely gotten any hours at work recently. so all that money is gotta be saved up for christmas. maybe ill finish the brakes in spring. or my dad might buy me the parts i need. either way i have a lot of things to pay for coming up so this is at the bottom of my list.

sorry guys.

i promise i will have more updates as soon as i can spend some dough on her.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Time to update the ol' Christmas list and ask Santa for some parts! lol

Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol you should call it the ol'turd since its beat up and its brown hahaha

Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM

haha. im looking to just get some spray paint and spray it black or some obscene color. i want to do some work with the top. fill in the cracks and make it smooth. then ill leave the inside clean and give my friends a bunch of markers to write whatever they want in there. we did that with my friends room. its just a bunch of inside jokes on every square inch of the walls.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 AM

so this is kinda lost here but i figured out what i want to do finally. i want to take some parts off the 74 the parts being the front axle D44, transfer case and the transfer case cross member and transfer them over into the 84. this would give me 4x4 without having to cut another driveshaft and without having to buy another set of hubs. it would be nice if winter would just hurry up and finish so i can get outside and work!!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Make yourself a tarp garage and use a kerosene torpedo heater?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Better check out what the '84 has for a transmission before you do the swap. The 700R4 was available and has a different output shaft length than the TH350. It isn't a simple swap if that is the case.

What are your plans for the '74 after that? I would be interested in a number of parts off of it if you're going to scrap it.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:43 PM

its got a th350. and the 74 also has the th350 so i figured it would be a direct swap. i would just unbolt the t-case adapter and just bolt it right on the other one. simple enough. i think the 83 or 84 whatever it is has a completely different year frame and engine though. the body mounts dont match up. stuff like that. seems the frame is from an older year.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:36 AM

so i take back what i said. instead of taking all the drivetrain apart, im just going to switch the suspension over. the body on the 74 is sound and i know the 4x4 works and the frame is solid. so all i need to do is switch over the springs and shocks, then stuff like the fuel tank and put the interior back together. sorry swartlkk, looks like i wont be tearing any more parts off of this baby. but back to putting parts back on lol. so i figured the springs shouldnt be so hard to do, and then the fuel tank i can swap over, and then i could just switch the starter out so it would work again. and then im basically done. it should drive again. i do also want to switch the front clips out though. since i smashed the fender in it looks really crappy. and plus i took the headlights out and put them in the newer one so it should look pretty cool once im done with it. (fingers Crossed!!!) well once it gets warmed up ill be able to actually start tearing them down. the only thing i can see me having a problem with is the front clips... im not so sure how that would work out... but i know it can be done.