Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You got it. Tires, overall vehicle stability at speed (it's a truck afterall), etc.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

whatever happened to this thread? i wanted to see the install and where you ended up putting the tweeters. i'm going to be installing components soon and wanted to compare to other blazers locations.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

O my bad kinda forgot to post those pictures up. I'll get them up asap for y'all, if you have questions txt me anytime , please no calls though....always busy.

Edit: I will start doin more mods again in about a month so everyone knows, it's robotics season at school and I work everyday so no extra time at all....I will post some pics up of my auxillary jack install also if you'd like

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 11-08-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
BF Veteran

robotics? that sounds pretty cool man. show some photos of that too! What school do you go to in Michigan? i went to Grosse Pointe North and our robotics was pretty cool but the people in that wanted to stay small scale.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 PM

Yea robotics is alot of fun but draws allll my time up, I go to Rochester high school we are team 201 The FEDS if you have heard of us....we are normally top 10 or 20 in the state....anyway I really can't get any good pics of my install job because it's all hidden but if you could tell me specific areas that you need help on or have questions on I will tell you exactly what I did and how...Remember if you want quick responses you can always txt me just remember to add your forum name or something so I know who I'm talking to. I have several new Ideas for my truck if anyone would like to hear them?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM

So I was driving home yesterday from school and noticed an unusual amount of exhaust coming from the rear of my truck....so I get home as quick as I can and pop the hood only to see half of my engine covered in antifreeze....my garage floor was covered with it also....so first I checked the radiator for cracks and thankfully it had none because I just had it replaced last fall...next I checked the hoses and what do you know I blew a hose....it was the lower hose right where it comes of the engine...there was no damage as I looked it over but I noticed the clamp was about 6 inchs from where it should have been....so obviously the shop didn't put it back on when they replaced the radiator or intake manifold gasket I don't know which...now half my engine is covered in antifreeze and I have to buy some more to replace all of it that came out....and I'm still runnin on the hot side...I probably just have to add more fluid....it needs to start getting warm so I can do my own repairs and do them right!!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
BF Veteran

I agree with that! Michigan winter isn't as bad as others but, i'll still take Florida winters haha!

Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper
I agree with that! Michigan winter isn't as bad as others but, i'll still take Florida winters haha!
ha a Florida winter in Michigan would be a godsend.

Anyway, i put some more fluid into it and its running alot cooler now so all is good

So i want to get some inexpensive lift on my truck between now and when i eventually get my super lift....i was thinking about doing a 3" body lift with 2" inch shackles and 1.5" tbar crank....what do you all think?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good your got your issue resolved. As far as a lift your going to want to do a 2 inch body lift and probably not a 3 inch. 2 inch shackles sounds good and I wouldnt crank the t bars more than 1.5". Mine started eating itself up at 1.25".
Hope that sorta helped.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Yea any opinion is helpful! Why a 2" vs. a 3" though? Just curious

Quick Reply: Project Blazed