Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

HU are all preference. Most people will tell you to get the brand that they have, or they wouldntve got it themselves. I would tell you Eclipse, Drew may tell you Pioneer as his is Pioneer. Its what you prefer for appearance, price, functionality, and all that. If your looking for cheap HU, I just put a Sony into my g/f car for $120, its got rca inputs, looks good, and is a relaible brand. But yeah your best bet, go to future shop or any local audio shop and try them out for yourself then make your opinion.

Eclipse CD3200 = $399 but is so sweet

Old 12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

C.blazer in your opinion do you thinkit would be better to buy a new HU or a second amp for the speakers?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your going to have any sort of a system you would be silly not to have a new head unit. Otherwise your going to have to use adapters and the quaility wont be near as good. Alpine makes good units. I have a Alpine CDA-9884 which has been discontinued. I was going to do the same thing your talking about but I was doing it because I wanted to keep a stock look. My current set up is a Alpine CDA-9884 hu. Kenwood speakers in the doors. Cant remember off hand but its a Alpine Mono amp, and a JL 10" sub in a stealthbox. I got the sub and box from a guy on this forum and my small system was pretty cheap. as far as mounting the amp on the folding part on the seat I considered that also but everytime you fold the seat down you need enough wiring to allow that and I didn't think it would look very clean so I put mine right behind the seat and once I get bored this winter Im making a aluminum cover and covering that with carpet that way it will blend better and I dont have to worry about stuff falling onto the amp.

Sorry about the long winded post. ha

Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Don't worry about how long your post is lol i appreciate all the info. so i think i will probably be getting a head unit and not the second amp. now to decide which headunit....

Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM

haha well i changed my mind and am going to be getting the 2 amps and not a second head unit. I know i will be sacrificing some quality but i think i will survive. Also, i have a local place to get the adapter for my current head unit (RKST if anyone knows it)

Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

changing the head unit and door speakers only will make a WORLD of difference in your blazer. i strongly suggest rethinking running a stock deck on your system. of all the places to pull back, that is not it in my opinion

Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM

changing the head unit and door speakers only will make a WORLD of difference in your blazer. i strongly suggest rethinking running a stock deck on your system. of all the places to pull back, that is not it in my opinion
i dont think it will be too long until i get a new head unit anyway, xmas money and such should make it pretty easy, i will sacrifice it until then =/ plus the quality i have with my stock HU is not bad in my opinion, as long as it stays as it is i would be fine with it.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM

Hey everyone just wondering how to tune the crossovers between the front speakers and the tweeters. Anyone have any idea?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Hey everyone,

So lately I've been reading up and trying to determine whether or not i need a capacitor. i understand what they do i just don't know if it is necessary for my system...thoughts?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Upgrade your wiring, make sure you have a nice battery and then if need be upgrade your alt. With what you have planned I would just do a big 3 and you should be good.

Capacitors are like a crutch or band-aid for a bigger problem in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Project Blazed