Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

you are trying to go black or color match? if it's color match get the gm paint in a can. match by color code on your glove box sticker. if it's black duplicolor or krylon seems to do well. make sure you give it a once or twice over with a clear if you want it to hold up longer.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:29 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

its black sorry for lack of clarification

Old 11-27-2009, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
any suggestions on what type of paint to use for the grill?
If it were me I'd leave your grille. But that's just me. You have a color coded grille which suits your truck really well. The only reason I painted mine was because it was before the days of color coded grilles and it was a cheap faded grey plastic.
If you do decide to paint it though keep in mind it's plastic. Krylon is the best paint to use on plastic. I just used regular primer and regular paint though and it's help up fine so far. No nicks or dings that I'd found.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

IMO colour coded grilles are beautiful... funny thing is I was complaining that my grille wasn't colour coded, then I actually thought about what I was saying and had to laugh.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:06 PM

hmm thanks for the input i think i will just leave it the way it is right now. Does anyone know anything about shackles and a torsion bar crank? i've been wanting to get like a 2" lift to my truck and im thinking thats the way to go....what does it involve?

Old 11-27-2009, 01:20 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There is TONS of info on the forum about tbars and shackles. It's a very easy and cheap way to get up to 2" of lift. Do a search if you want more info then this...

Here is a great external link explaining shackles: http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/f57/sha...they-do-20993/

The tbars are literally just 2 bolts you crank to gain lift in the front. The shackles are pretty each too. Just a couple of bolts to remove and replace.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...t=shackle+lift
Here is a good thread with pics about shackles.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the links, i might do this but i gotta get my new sound system ordered, hooked up, and working first! and i gotta convince my dad to let me...parents....Anyway, i'm almost done with the tire rack, the paint is drying now and i will probably put it back on my truck later tonight, i will post the pictures when i'm done.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran

Is the truck yours or is it your parents? just out of curiosity...

Old 11-27-2009, 07:57 PM

well i'm paying them off for it...slowly, but right now i haven't payed off much and they pay for most of the repairs so its basically theirs

Old 11-28-2009, 01:55 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

BAM! free truck, free repair?! I hate you. I'm gonna meet up with my dad and punch him in the face now. where the hell were your parents when I was growing up

Quick Reply: Project Blazed