Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 06:20 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
BAM! free truck, free repair?! I hate you. I'm gonna meet up with my dad and punch him in the face now. where the hell were your parents when I was growing up
I was thinking the same thing. WTF is up with parents now a days? There seems to be a lot of younger members who's parents bought them Blazers and then let them mod the crap out of it!! guess I'm just jealous lol. I would have loved to have a Blazer when I was 16. But I got stuck with a civic like every other 16yr old, which I had to buy myself and pay for everything on myself, no help from the parents.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:49 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Haha it's nice as long as they don't try to overcontrol everything I want to do to it

Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

ROFL! overcontrol what you want to do to their ride lulz!

I am jeaslous too. i can't hate (too much) as my dad helpped me buy my first car (70 Nova FTW!) And I was closely watched as to what I did to it (which wasnt much as my job only covered gas and insurance for that monster) but after i sold it when i joined the army, my next desperation ride (88 Isuzu Imark 4dr) really REALLY left a bad taste in my mouth.... $300 for the car, and i did what ever the hell i wanted to it. Sony HU, Kenwood 500 mono amp, 4 gauge wire, clip on rim covers, shoo goo to plug the ends of a split brake line (at the calipers no less) and one wheel held on by 3 bolts baby. that was one mean machine

No one controlled the mods i did that that bad boy

Old 11-28-2009, 12:45 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My truck is mine (except insurance wise) but my dad still has a grip over what I do to it to an extent... Surprisingly however, he likes the idea of the New Zealander Brush Guard I'll be getting built by my friend's boyfriend around X-mas time and the HID's I'll be purchasing shortly.

Keep us updated BlazerGuy

Old 11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's why I'm glad everything is in my name. I put my home and mortgage in my name, my truck is in my name, all my bank accounts are in my name, my insurance is in my name. That way I have a say in everything, and my parents can't come after me for any reason . Besides....it keeps them out of my hair, which is what I like

Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 PM

If I had the money to own it on my own I would lol but I don't so yea...

Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 PM

Let the madness begin!!!!!
I have everything! The build starts tomorrow! Heres everything that will be going into my truck....

Alpine Type-R 12" Subwoofer

Alpine V-Power 500w Mono Amp

Alpine V-Power 300w 4-Channel Amp

Alpine Type-R 6"x9" 2-Way Speakers

Alpine Type-R 6.5" Component Speakers

Wiring

Amp Kit

Speaker Wire

Aux Cord

Aux Input

I will be putting this in the line that goes to the cassette player. It will allow the use of both devices.

Extra RCA

Distributor Block

Line Out Converter

So this is quite a bit of stuff that totals to about $740, alot, but definitely worth it. As stated earlier install begins tomorrow =) wish me luck.

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 12-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Only change I'd say is not buy rear speakers and get a bigger sub amp with that money. I have 500 watts on my R right now (not rated at 14.4v either). I'd love to have more power and these subs can handle it. Then you can run the front speakers active with that amp.

Edit: Looks like the MRP-M1000 will only be $264.00 on ebay.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 11-30-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 PM

hmm good point, i would have gotten 2 of these type r's only problem is budget and my dad. He can be a real jerk sometimes when it comes to over controlling and thats one of them, he doesn't believe in insane bass...kinda sucks. And then theres the budget. Im somehow managing to get my parents to pay all $670 of this and dont think i could get another penny out of them =/

Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Edit: Looks like the MRP-M1000 will only be $264.00 on ebay.
I really appreciate the help. But that is an extra $120 and at the current moment i can get that money. I might look to upgrade when i do have the money and sell off the one i end up getting. I dont think that would be too big of a loss.

Quick Reply: Project Blazed