Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

I think I'm either going to patch this one or just go with something new, they aren't that expensive and it's probably a good investment

Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Beginning Member
Cuddie is on a distinguished road

hey man i'm new here. but i was looking at your bedliner bumper and hooks, i did that to my truck from the body line down, all the way around. It made the whole thing look alot better, imo. Protects the bottom half from rocks and sticks and stuff too.
My buddy punctured his fuel tank while we were out 4x4ing. he jammed a jube jube in it, the jube jube plug lasted like 3 months haha

Attached Thumbnails Project Blazed-img_4090-smaller.jpg  

Last edited by Cuddie; 02-25-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cuddie
hey man i'm new here. but i was looking at your bedliner bumper and hooks, i did that to my truck from the body line down, all the way around. It made the whole thing look alot better, imo. Protects the bottom half from rocks and sticks and stuff too.
My buddy punctured his fuel tank while we were out 4x4ing. he jammed a jube jube in it, the jube jube plug lasted like 3 months haha
Yea I plan on replacing my gas tank as soon as I have the time lol, I don't trust my epoxy plug...what is the size of the blazer gas tanks?

Also, your paint job is almost exactly how I want to paint mine, did you paint your rear bumper? It looks to be a little off from the rest of the black, not sure though. I like the look alot though, nice clean truck. What kind of Berliner is yours?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah i did paint the rear bumper, haha but i waxed the truck later on and without thinking i used my polish rag to wipe some water off of that rear corner, haha the wax on it made it look hazey haha. I need to repaint it/ touch it up. I'm going to mask off my door jams and do the lower portion of them and the inside of the doors to match. It'll help with the sh*t kicking that they take from shoes. I just tryed a spray can type (canadian tire brand i think) and it's held up pretty good, although it's a bit thin in some spots. No one notices though but it bugs me. Oh and deffinately tape off then scuff up the area to be painted, metal, plastic or paint. Even pro. bedliners are done that way. A buddy of mine had a blazer that had been painted totally like that, it looked good but peeled off in spots.

Last edited by Cuddie; 02-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

If you have the money i'd get a kit like hurculiner or line x that comes with a gun. From what I've seen they will give you the texture you desire versus a spray can. If you do decide a spray can is for you I've had goodluck with 3m products for undercoating.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member

The product i used actually has been great, texture good, i just spayed it thin in spots, i was hurrying a bit, totally my fault. And the haze would come off if i used a wax remover on it. Actually it might have been 3m stuff i used. it was in a fat can. I've been meaning to fab up some shackles and lift it a bit too but this isn't my only project haha i just can't leave anything stock.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cuddie
The product i used actually has been great, texture good, i just spayed it thin in spots, i was hurrying a bit, totally my fault. And the haze would come off if i used a wax remover on it. Actually it might have been 3m stuff i used. it was in a fat can. I've been meaning to fab up some shackles and lift it a bit too but this isn't my only project haha i just can't leave anything stock.

I didn't mean anything against you. Yours looks great! Just stating what I've found through my searching for the best option to get the finished that I'm lookng for.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM

i will probably end up buying something that comes with a spray gun because i believe you can get them for around $100?(correct me if im wrong) and i have a great compressor i can use whenever i want, i just need the warm weather to come so that i can start....

Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member

no problem buddy. i always like to get advice that's based on real experience. I was looking at your pics of your truck, nice detail job on your engine. looks pretty clean. i find i neglect my jimmy a bit lately, i feel guilty when i see yours haha

Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Beginning Member

i almost forgot, you should check out my pickup, it's my major project. the engine is dirty though cuz of all the cutting and fab work though. I don't mean to get this thread side tracked though haha

Quick Reply: Project Blazed