Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime Blazin'

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Project Maritime Blazin'

CONTENTS OF BUILD:

Blue LED gauge cluster - See below (page 1)

Information about LEDs (and where I bought from) - Click Here (Page 2)

How many LEDs are needed? - Click Here (Page 2)

CAI (See bottom of post) - Click Here (Page 4)

Tinted Tails and corners - Click Here (Page 4)

Painted Rims, grille and bow tie
- Click Here (Page 5)

Videos (2) of Cherry Bomb Turbo installed - Click Here (Page 8)

Blue LED HVAC - Click Here (Page 8)

Blue LED Foot wells - Click Here (Page 8)

Blue LED Map lights - Click Here (Page 10)

Undercoated Frame - Click Here (Page 12)

Undercoated Wheels wells & Tow Hooks - Click Here (Page 14)

CB Radio Installed - Click Here (Page 17)

CB Radio Mounted - Click Here (Page 17)

Roof lights mounted and installed - Click Here (Page 20)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received my LEDs for my gauges. Tore my dash apart and put them in. Only one problem I noticed last night after putting them in is that one has a bad connection and will go off and on. I'm going to grab another socket and replace it.

Finished:

I think they look awesome. Not as bright as I thought they were going to be, but still pretty damn cool looking. I'm expecting my other LEDs (37's and 12v) to arrive either tomorrow, or tuesday at the latest since I ordered them all at the same time. I'll get my HVAC done and all other controls hopefully throughout the week. I'll post up pics when done.

I'm also picking up my new exhaust tomorrow . I haven't decided between the cherry bomb glasspack or cherry bomb turbo yet. There's only a 10$ difference between the two (glasspack is cheaper). I'm leaning towards the turbo though. I decided against the thrust since I can get Cherrybomb right off the shelf at Canadian tire for cheaper, and I don't have to wait for shipping.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by Sisk; 12-29-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:26 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I tried to replace my lights at one point, but I couldn't get the dern cluster itself to unclip, is there specific way to do it? I definitley like the blue look!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

My cluster wasn't clipped in at all. It was in with 4 bolts..see below

There's one in each corner. I just took those out and it came right off. I didn't get a picture of the back of my cluster, but the light sockets are accessible right from the back. they just twist out...and look like this:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...you can still see the bolts though.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I mean the lights on the back of the cluster.. I couldn't seem to get them out. I got the cluster out just fine, thanks for the help though

Old 10-04-2009, 05:44 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by okvortec
Yeah, I mean the lights on the back of the cluster.. I couldn't seem to get them out. I got the cluster out just fine, thanks for the help though
Oh, sorry man....misunderstood. Mine literally just twisted out. When I go to put my new socket in I'll take a pic of the back of my cluster. Maybe yours is different then mine.
With mine, the back of it had the 6 lights I switched, and 3 smaller ones (for the turn signals and high beam light). I popped the black backing plate off mine, but I realized after there were holes for all the lights, so I didn't really have to lol.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Nice to see you get a worklog up.

Is that a ebay intake? I've been thinking about picking one up and just using a K&N filter on it. If it is, what do you think of it?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by sporty_drew

Is that a ebay intake? I've been thinking about picking one up and just using a K&N filter on it. If it is, what do you think of it?
Thanks man. It is an ebay intake.
Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It's just the lower half of the intake. Like i mentioned I plan on picking up a piece of 3" pipe for the top half behind the MAF sensor. I like it. Haven't had any problems with it yet. I notice a bit more pep in the lower RPM's. I think with a good quality filter it will probably be even better. Anything besides that stock plastic box will help though

On a side note...I picked up a Cherry Bomb Turbo exhaust last night. I'm going to weld it on tonight. I can't wait . I'll post up pics and a vid of it once completed.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Looking good Alex! I'm thinking of getting a custom 3" catback made maybe next summer, then shipping my PCM out to PCM4less or wait4meperformance to get a good base tune going.

We need to promote the single filter setup though, I think 10-15 filters is the way of the future.

Originally Posted by sporty_drew

That's what I did, along with a custom built Heat shield... they sound cool at WOT

Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

where did you get the blue LED's? i like em and wanna put em on mine cause i HATE boring factory stuff

Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Thanks man. It is an ebay intake.
Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT. . .

. . .I'll post up pics and a vid of it once completed.
Thanks, i'll pry order the full one and replace the filter. I was just wondering about the quality.

If you can will you make a vid of you driving away from the camera? All the videos you seem to see are just of people revving it up

Originally Posted by oktain
That's what I did, along with a custom built Heat shield... they sound cool at WOT
I saw that you did that, I will pry try my had at making a shield up too.

Quick Reply: Project Maritime Blazin'