Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

And you can only see rock chips from a foot away. You can see bug guards from a mile away.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

They make clear ones, so you don't have that big black or chrome strip in front.

Also don't see why it'd be hard to paint to match your truck?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

See it from a mile away or not, and fugly or not, with the bedliner on mine can stand up to a shot gun blast of small rocks. I = FTW IMO

Old 12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
They make clear ones, so you don't have that big black or chrome strip in front.

it's not. but when you need to repaint your hood pretty much every year because of the amount of crap (stones, major bugs, birds, other road debris) then you'd want to have some sort of protection for it.

if all you do is city driving, then it's wasted. but spending 90% of my driving on the highways has turned my hood into a pocked marked geek.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Any chance we can see some better pics of the grille in daylight?

Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
Originally Posted by old skool luvr
it's not. but when you need to repaint your hood pretty much every year because of the amount of crap (stones, major bugs, birds, other road debris) then you'd want to have some sort of protection for it.

if all you do is city driving, then it's wasted. but spending 90% of my driving on the highways has turned my hood into a pocked marked geek.
I was referring to painting the bug shield to match the color of the truck so there wasn't a big black plastic piece going across the front of the hood.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Martin - Color matching anything on our color trucks would be an incredible PITA. Dark colors are hard to replicate due to sun damage and weather wear. Not to mentioned mine and Curtis' trucks are metallic paint and metallic is even more of a pain to match.
Your truck is easy to color match since it's a light color and wouldn't fade all that much. I wouldn't even want to think about matching one of our colored trucks. It would have to be mixed professionally.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you like the bug guard keep it. You have to look at it every morning Curtius.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brianator99
If you like the bug guard keep it. You have to look at it every morning Curtius.
Yeah, but we have to look at it everyday on the forum . Seriously though, all this razzing is in good humor.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

I have a friend that drives a 96 S10. Its a POS and has just rolled 333km on it. He had a bug guard but took it off(pretty sure it was on since 96) there was dust 1cm thick caked on it was hilarious. His dad owns a body shop so he put a layer of undercoating where the bug guard used to be, then down the sides of his truck. The truck itself is black and because he does it cheap, he freshens up the paint every 2 summers so it actually looks half decent. Its only a 2wd though so its not as fun as ours.

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord