Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Silver Fox

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys, been a while since I been on. To answer your questions:

Originally Posted by Carrico4
... hope its still around.
Yes she is.

Originally Posted by Carrico4
I do have a question with the 8.8 though, besides gears and redrilling to lug pattern was it a direct bolt in for the rear axle?
Define "direct"? We ground off all of the mounts and perches. In my case the axle was installed at the same time as the lift. Between the "over-under" flip, and the ford having a 3.25 inch tube, the superlift rear kit was not needed. Instead perches and mounts were ordered from curry ahead of time. The axle was then positioned and then the mounts were put on. This alowed the rear to be pushed forward slightly for a better fit to the drive-line at the yoke. As well, the shock mounts were welded in the chevy mounting position as opposed to the ford. the rear sway bar was thrown out, and as of this writing the E-brake and cabling has not been returned to the vehicle or hooked up; which does require modification. I also used a custom u-joint to convert from the chevy drive-line to the ford yoke. basically the UJ has different bearing sizes/shapes on the alternating points. Overall, the axle comes in a couple inches wider then stock but still not as wide as the front.

Originally Posted by Diaita
Looking good! I would like to install an overhead console into my blazer. when you installed yours, was it a simple plug in install(harness in the headliner), or did you have to wire it in? i see the harness in the grill for the temp sensor, i am hoping the rest is in there too.
Yes it is. The harness terminates behind the drivers side dash, you must "roll" the dash forward to get to it. Then just plug in and plumb the console harness opposite of how you removed it from the donor vehicle (if you don't know how it comes out you will need to research it; up A-frame, then across to middle). Also you will need to cut/cap off your current dome circuit if I remember right, as well as re-plumbing your lighted visors wires. You will also need the mounting clips/screws from the donor vehicle.