Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Rookie Jimmy Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member
Tangvik1 is on a distinguished road

Nice!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Beginning Member
2000jim is on a distinguished road

To be honest I have no idea. Have never found it on the internet and the only difference is its an slt fully loaded with three whistler blackcomb badges. I got it from BC so maybe that is why...

Old 10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 2000jim
To be honest I have no idea. Have never found it on the internet and the only difference is its an slt fully loaded with three whistler blackcomb badges. I got it from BC so maybe that is why...
Actually this is the only info i found on the internet.

Im not the only one!

MOVING-MUST SELL-2000 GMC Jimmy Whistler Blackcomb Edition - Nanaimo Cars For Sale - Kijiji Nanaimo Canada.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Yup, saw that too, but I don't see anything (other than the description) that makes it anything special or anything. Very odd.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a dealer installed 'special edition'. Nothing but badges on an already well optioned vehicle.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

IDK if it's a dealer installed option or not.....Seems to me it's named after this Whistler Blackcomb - Official Ski Resort Website - Whistler, BC, Canada so i'd guess it's kinda like the US Trailblazer edition? (s10 version of course)

Edit: it also appears that there is on said ski resort the "GMC Race Centre" so I'd guess that's what the namesake is about.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Decode the RPO codes in the glove box. I'd bet money that there is nothing about such an edition in the RPO codes which means that it was not a factory trim. Anyone can toss on a pin-stripe & some emblems. There is a lot more than that in the Trailblazer trimmed s-series trucks.

There isn't any mention of this in the master list of RPO codes that I have.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I spent a good hour searching for this on google and wiki earlier, and I'm guessing it's a dealer installed deal too.

To the OP, not trying to rain on your parade or anything, just trying to figure out exactly what Whistler Blackcomb Edition really is, haha. We can take it to another thread if you'd prefer.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Beginning Member

Hmmm, well it will always be special in my heart!

Where do you think I should check other than the glove box for some sign of if this is dealer? Pic of the Badge?

GMC Carter i believe was the dealer badge that i removed but i bought this second hand so who knows.

I would like to know this is interesting!

Attached Thumbnails The Rookie Jimmy Experience-img_7492.jpg   The Rookie Jimmy Experience-img_7491.jpg  

Last edited by 2000jim; 10-19-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Go to a local dealer and ask them to research it for you. Just tell them you're curious about it. They should be able to get all the info available on the edition, or at least point you to the originating dealer and you could go ask them about it.

Then after you gather up the info post back up cause we all wanna know now LOL.

Quick Reply: The Rookie Jimmy Experience