Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

Quick update for anyone who is still following along. Got a few things painted up finally as things are finalized. Been getting tired of things rusting up and cleaning them off again. So this is a nice step foward. Now i just need to finish a few small welding/painting jobs, assemble the front axle, build brake lines, complete the fuel system, and get some driveshafts made. Not sure if this is too orange or not. I was going for a Chevy red-orange but it’s hard to find in paint. Let me know what y’all think.

Attached Thumbnails Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS-0657a82e-a8e2-4115-9f65-527237b37e80.jpeg   Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS-7be52178-09fc-4923-8124-9d3ab22bf5d2.jpeg   Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS-f1d2e632-45a5-4f86-b543-3f0a49c930b2.jpeg   Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS-5c87d049-6ead-4394-8a77-be9ad0163cc9.jpeg  
Old 07-10-2018, 07:29 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

The Orange looks sweet. I don't think it'll be too much once it's all under there. Should set it off nicely.

How much travel do those coilovers have?

I'm drooling over this build lol

Old 07-10-2018, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice... are you giving the blazer a new paint job with it? I think the orange is sweet... looks good with the rims.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Starting Member

Fun update time: got the rear end together finally minus the brakes. Still have to go back and put that together once I get all my AN fittings to work with my stainless steel line I bought.

ChevyRiders: My King coilovers I bought are 16 inch travel coilovers although I will more than likely only use 12-14 inches of the travel. Figured what the heck on the 16". But they are only the 2.0 since putting on weight has quite honestly been an issue. I was told by filthymotorsports if my ride height is not where I want it I need to add weight because the springs are literally the lightest possible. I currently have the rear end sitting only on spring weight and no nitrogen charge and probably too high. So future step is obviously to build a rear bumper with recovery points that I just have not gotten to yet. That will be kind of one of the last steps in my build once it is all on its own weight and moveable under its own power once again.

DonL: I will not be giving the blazer a new paint job. The original factory paint is still in very good condition minus the underbody. I plan on just fixing what I can at the moment with some rattle can treatment and eventually will go over the underbody with undercoating. I think the chevy red-orange turned out fairly okay especially with the king blue giving it a little umph lol

Old 08-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Timmins_Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Love the build, Great work, Keep the pics coming, Subscribed

Old 08-21-2018, 11:25 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Looking good but I think you need to lift it higher.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
Looking good but I think you need to lift it higher.
I think I added enough of a lift by accident I need to get a picture of it with me in front for comparison

Old 09-13-2018, 10:10 AM
Starting Member

Hurricane Florence has had me moving at triple time pace to get this thing completely on the ground and not on jack stands any longer. Putting together a ring and pinion wasn't too bad and I learned a lot from the experience. Just have to pay attention to the minor details because a thousandth of an inch will make a decent difference. Last night finally finished up and is now completely on its own weight. Borrowed a couple chock blocks from work to make sure it doesn't roll around with the wind because no driveshafts yet. Still some minor things for me to complete here in the future but its pretty close to driving again finally. I still need to make new brake lines with my fancy new Eastwood brake flaring tool, measure for driveshafts, re-engineer my transmission crossmember, finish up front bumpstops, install fuel tank, and get the motor all buttoned up.

Final Ring and Pinion drive side

Final Ring and Pinion coast side

Finished the front end late over the weekend. The chevy orange came out pretty alright.

Threw together the hood and fenders to keep the motor from getting dumped on in the hurricane.

Completed waggy front axle minus bumpstops

FYI thats a Ford F-250 Powerstroke with some decent tires on it behind the blazer. Plus the blazer is downhill on the driveway from the truck

Finally completely on its own weight!

Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Wow, that is cool. I don't ever see myself doing that to a truck I have but I do appreciate crafted mechanicals!

Old 09-13-2018, 07:02 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Yes! It looks great. About how far did you move the rear axle back? I was considering flipping my rear leafs around to stretch the wheelbase an inch or two.

be safe during the hurricane. I hope y'all don't get hit too badly down there.

Quick Reply: Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS