Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Wifes 02 sonoma sls

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Out of all the sonomas I've come across at the yards, this is the 2nd I've seen that didn't have the double joints... not sure why lol... guess it's just a money grab part... who need 4 ujoints on a 2wd truck??

As for the aluminium one, what model did you pull it from?
I've owned 5 different S-series trucks, and they've all just had the single u-joint on each end of the drive shaft.

The Aluminium drive shaft I grabbed came from a '99 ZR2 pickup, but I've seen them in the Blazers as well. It's important to note that the aluminium drive shaft I got is 1" shorter than the steel shaft that was original to my truck. If you find one, make sure to measure to make sure that you'll have enough joint with the TC or transmission. For me this helped because I've swapped to a ZR2 axle which made my steel drive shaft a bit too long because of the larger pumpkin on the 8.5" rear end.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 11-26-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-18-2021, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

So leave it to my winter luck........ guess what I gotta do yet again on the cold days?

FUEL PUMP!!!!

im so happy I can just cut a hole in the bed under the liner, and slap one in less then an hour lol... now I just gotta get the ruck home. Currently at the mechanics, 15km away lol... and I don't really want to call a tow...

Might look into a dolly...

Old 12-18-2021, 07:43 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

That always seems to be my luck as well! I have cut access doors in my jimmy and tahoe. Its a 10 minute job to change a fuel pump now.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:35 AM
BF Veteran

So I got the fuel pump done about a week after my last post, had to do the tank straps, and also a cap and rotor, truck had a misfire and there was some good wear and corrosion in the ones that were on there. Haven't had any problems since.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting anymore done with this as of now. Since winter started, the body has just gotten worst, and body mounts are going, let alone I found a hole in the floor.

ive decided that its best to pull the engine and trans, and keep them for the blazer. Although its an 02 2wd, im hoping that theres not much work needed to transfer them.

For the rest, I will be taking off everything i can sell, and then bringing whats left to the metal scrap.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran

Sold the rear end, grill, skirts, shocks... money helped with bills lol... and unfortunately had to sell the hood to pay for the transmission on the blazer... so I'm a little heart broken by that...

Going to pull other parts to keep for just incase and to sell, then slap the 4x4 ale under to roll it on a trailer when done...

It's officially done for lol... but will live on as a donor!

Old 03-03-2022, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
Default Well this happened....

This wouldve worked out preaty darn good, but the darn canadian rust!!

It would've been one sexy stance! But I can get it out of the garage and to scrap by the weekend, a few more parts to pull and I'm done lol.

She will be missed, oh yes, she will be missed...

Old 03-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Its always tough to scrap something you have that much time invested in.

Old 03-05-2022, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I was pretty sad when I finally pulled the plug and sold my green Blazer, even though I was already driving my CC Sonoma. Hope you find a less rusty one in the future.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

Me too... it really grew on me, and if I was able to get it done, it would've looked great. Even with all the rust and three different colors, I had a lot of people comment on how "nice" it was lol

Edit1 almost done for

Edit2 gotta rewire the doors to go on the blazer

Last edited by DonL; 03-06-2022 at 04:52 PM.