Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Ghastly Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ghastly Scratches

I went trail ridding a few weeks ago with some buddies and while in the process, their was a few really deep mudholes so I choses to go around. The only problem was their were woods all around and no way of backing up, soo, I went ahead and made my own path. Well, I ended up getting a few scratches, their not really deep but they are just noticable and annoying to look at. So, I was wondering what would be a good product/method to use to get the scratches out.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Ghastly Scratches

Try Meguiar's ScratchX, then buff it with rubbing compound and then finishing glaze. If that doesn't work, they are permanent.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry eurogold, but ignore the scratch x. It don't do much. wet sand it with some 2000 grit sandpaper then hit it with some good compound. That should easily take care of the problem.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I agree with igot10pinitis. I tried that sratch X on my hood from my stupidity when I was putting air in my tires. It did nothing. I want to get rid of these scratches, what do I do. Just spray water on the hood and sand with 2000 grit sandpaper? What kind of compound do you recommend and is it available in a store?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ever tried a cleaning compound called GS27???? I know it will eliminate paint scrapes and help to hide minor surface scratches... I used to live by that stuff when I had a black truck.... requires a bit of hard work and elbow grease, and you have to re-wax afterward.....

Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Nah, I haven't. Is it available in a store or do I have to buy it on-line. Is it just called GS27, or is there a company name to it?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:06 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

it should be available in like an auto parts store in the care cleaning section... and it is just called GS27

Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

McGuires Scratch X works great on most scratches, you just have to know how to use it. I have gotten out scratches that nobody would have believed with scratch X. You have to really heat up the paint in order for it to work to the point where it's burning your finger when your rubbing (I double up the cloth to help this).

Another product that I found is Nu finish scratch remover. You still have to learn how to use it for it to work, but it does wonders on dark colors where Scratch X doesn't work as well.

I would avoid the advice of wet sanding to anyone that doesn't know what they are doing. You can really screw up things wet sanding. Hell, you can really screw up your paint Clay baring if you don't know what you are doing.

The GS27 works just as good as the others I listed if you can find it. Again you have to really do some rubbing and heat up the paint.