Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

WAIT4ME TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
BSchmity69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: WAIT4ME TUNE

just figured i give an update. havmt seen anything under 18mpg in a couple months and iv seen 25 on highway trips and iv smoked a scion tc and a dodge ram with the 4.8

Old 08-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought I would post myresults on my Wait4Me tune so my fellow 5-Speeders have questions answered. First off, let me start by saying that immediately after install, I had the crank relearn done. Im using 76 93 Octane with a bottle of Chevron Techron. The truck idles a ton better and overall seems to run a lot smoother! No more occasional vibration at idle. The truck really gets out of 1st & 2nd gears in a hurry, and has a lot more cruising ability at low speeds 35mph+ in 5th. I wasn't able to go much lower than 40mph with stock ECU. The truck drives a lot better with the Max A/C on as well, doesn't feel as sluggish while driving with cool clean air anymore. And if that isn't enough for you, having the annoying'Shift' arrow light completely removed was well worth it to me. Overall I am very pleased with my tune so far and am only on my 2nd tank of gas and can't keep my foot off the pedal. i will update with mpg changes once I can keep my foot & A/C off for a full tank. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

BlazerSS, How are you liking the tune now? Still as good? What sort of Mileage are you getting?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 AM
jstutzman is on a distinguished road

where to you have the crank relearn done, and how much does it cost?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A dealer will typically charge $60 or so (depending on their diagnostic rate) to do a CASE relearn (crankshaft variation learn, etc.).

Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jstutzman
where to you have the crank relearn done, and how much does it cost?
I didn't get the crank relearn performed and have seen no adverse effects either.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You may not have to, but it is a good idea.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Ok im really sorry to dig this thread up, But ok correct me if im wrong. You can put in 87 and the computer will know and be fine along with if you put in 93 the computer will automatically adjust to it? Or you can have them tune the truck to run on the octane you want? Im sorry just got a little confuseing and want to make sure!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Beginning Member
sweet-98ta is on a distinguished road

I happen to personally know Jesse, the owner of Wait4me. He tuned my 1998 T/A and with just a catback, he got the car from 309 rwhp to 331rwhp. Now the car has intake, headers, and catback. I had him reflash it, and it puts down 376rwhp/381rwtq. Jesse is an awesome tuner and he really has a great setup. Glad to hear you guys like his tunes.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Blazerrrr is on a distinguished road

sorry to dig up this old thread but I am interested in this wait4me tune. I cannot send out my stock pcm as I use the vehicle every day. So can I just buy a pcm tuned for my mods and octane level and have it sent to me? if I can will i see the same results?

Quick Reply: WAIT4ME TUNE