Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Can anyone help please? I just seafoamed my 02' blazer xtreme and now it won't idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
hulkup is on a distinguished road
Default Can anyone help please? I just seafoamed my 02' blazer xtreme and now it won't idle

Hi thanks for reading...

I have a 2002 blazer xtreme(4.3l vortec obviously) that was running just fine and then I ran seafoam thru it, thru the brake booster. Started it up after the 15 min of waiting and it ran fine while revving it, then when i stopped the revving it just died.

it would only stay idle if I am giving it gas or it will die

so I changed all 6 plugs and wires, and put a new pcv valve in as well. it started up and idled rough(from remaining seafoam I would assume) but I didnt need to give it gas for it to stay ildle. I let it run for 5 min then turned it off.

15 min later I went to start it again to go "drive off" the remaining seafoam and it would not stay idle again without dying unless I gave it gas.

Has anyone had this problem before??? any answers??? suggestions???

thanks for your help,

frustrated seafoam user lol

Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you make sure to connect up all of the lines to the intake duct work on top of the motor. The engine won't idle or run right with the fresh air make up tube disconnected from the back of the throttle body hat.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Did you make sure to connect up all of the lines to the intake duct work on top of the motor. The engine won't idle or run right with the fresh air make up tube disconnected from the back of the throttle body hat.

the only thing I disconnected was the brake booster to add the seafoam, and yes I made sure it was back on properly

Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 AM
ZachL90 is on a distinguished road

I honestly just seafoamed my Blazer today... 1 bottle in the gas tank, 1/2 bottle in the oil, 1/2 bottle in the vacuum line from the brake booster, then I sprayed the crap out of the throttle body and down into the intake with carb cleaner... worked just fine.

I noticed mine took a while for absolutely everything the burn out. You should take your Blazer out and really romp on it. That should blow everything out pretty good. I adjusted my passenger side mirror down so I could see smoke coming out. I just floored it every time I took off and it eventually burned everything out. I would double and triple check that you re-connected everything though even if you know you did. maybe you bumped something??

Zach

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by ZachL90
I honestly just seafoamed my Blazer today... 1 bottle in the gas tank, 1/2 bottle in the oil, 1/2 bottle in the vacuum line from the brake booster, then I sprayed the crap out of the throttle body and down into the intake with carb cleaner... worked just fine.

I noticed mine took a while for absolutely everything the burn out. You should take your Blazer out and really romp on it. That should blow everything out pretty good. I adjusted my passenger side mirror down so I could see smoke coming out. I just floored it every time I took off and it eventually burned everything out. I would double and triple check that you re-connected everything though even if you know you did. maybe you bumped something??

Zach

it WONT stay idle, therefore I CANNOT put it in gear to drive the rest of it out, if that is the issue...and I have checked everything atleast 10 times to make sure its all on right..all i can think is the 5 min it would idle on its own(but rough) was right after the new plugs, then I turned it off for 5 min started it up and it died again, so all i can think of is it fouled my plugs again while it ran for 5 min

Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Try starting it and revving it up for about 5 minutes if you can't get it in gear to drive it. You need to burn/blow everything out that you put in it.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert
Try starting it and revving it up for about 5 minutes if you can't get it in gear to drive it. You need to burn/blow everything out that you put in it.

ive revved it and ran it for about 25 min total, still no luck, i have already tried all the simple fixes a few times each lol

Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i hope you didnt put the entire bottle in the booster line, i had fun with my seafoam, i went in circles, its suggested i think, that u actually drive ur car after u seafoam it