Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel Pump Replacment

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
blazerboy30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Pump Replacment

Needin' to change the fuel pump. I know it's a pain just by lookin' at it and I was wonderin' if anyone had any step by step or just offer some tips. I bought a new Bosch with lifetime warranty since the pumps in a blazer are notorious for goin' out. But if any one has any tips...please feel free to share!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fuel Pump Replacment

really.....lifetime warranty eh........wonder how it stacks up to an ac delco.

I bet most of the time a pump dies its the users fault for not doing preventative maintanence(filter), and letting the pump suck up dirty gas.

but one thing the boys do need to know is the year of your truck. it helps to put it in your sig.

oh, btw, welcome to the forum!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I really do hope it works out for you, but I can say this for sure... Once it fails the first time and you have to replace it, it would have just been easier and cheaper in the long run to buy the higher quality unit and be done with it for a very long time.

I know what my time is worth and just one replacement due to either manufacturing defect and/or poor quality control makes the cost difference insignificant unless it is something simple. But anything requiring a bunch of time or that may leave me stranded on the side of the road, for me requires parts I can trust.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
blazerboy30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd hate to see the price of an AC Delco. I'm big on using factory parts even down to the oil and air filter. I didn't figure one could go wrong on a Bosch with a lifetime warranty though. I've not had my Blazer for more than 2 months. I'm more of a Chrysler guy..I've owned 2 Jeeps and loved 'em both. Decided to take a good deal on the '96 Blazer with 96000 miles on it and I've had nothin' but trouble with it. It's had a rough idle to it since I've had it. Did a full tune on it..plugs..wires..fuel filter..distributor..etc...and it still run rough. Plugs and wires and fuel filter had never been changed. Cleaned the EGR..MAF..MAP..and IAT sensor last night....hopefully with a new pump..it'll start on up and run a lot better.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM
docta J is an unknown quantity at this point

my fuel pump just died and i need to replace it. blazerboy's step by step process would be nice i have a first gen, is the fuel pump removal/install the same?