General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ability to look up standard equip & options via VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
hls811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ability to look up standard equip & options via VIN?

Hey everyone - this is my first post here.. I'm a former '02 Blazer owner and (hopefully) soon to be new '04 Blazer owner (if all goes well!)

Anyway - Does anyone know of a service which will allow you to put in the VIN for a vehicle and get a list of all of the standard equipment and factory installed options a vehicle came with? I already ran a Carfax on the Blazer I'm thinking about something that'll give more specific info - like a Window Sticker.

THANKS!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Ability to look up standard equip & options via VIN?

Open the glove box, and there should be a sticker on it, with a bunch of 3 digit codes...

Those are your RPO codes... They list all the options of your vehicle in question, then you wander over to an RPO decoder and you're good to go...

Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Or, a Chevy dealer should be able to give you the list if you give them the VIN.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I have not heard of a service to run the vin to see the standard options, etc. But if you get the list of RPO codes (found in the glove box on a sticker) and then enter all of them HERE, then you will be able to see the standard stuff that came with the blazer from the factory.

Or take it to the dealership, and they should be able to tell you all the options and where it was made and when, maybe some other info too. Good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks guys - I'll see if I can get the RPO codes..

I'm buying it from a dealer thats about an hour and a half away, I haven't seen it in person yet so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before taking the trip!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Gotcha, ask them to take a picture of the RPO sticker and e-mail it to you. Otherwise have them take a picture of the window sticker.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

These methods will work, but if the dealer is an authorized Chevrolet dealer you can take the VIN to the counter at the parts department and they can look up what RPO'swere assignedto your vehicle and tell you what they mean. It's very simple, at least around here.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 PM

It looks like there were only 2 option packages available in '04 - Package 1 and Package 2 (how simple!).. Package 2 came with colored body side moulding and the tow hooks in front - I can tell from the exterior pictures that it has both, so it seems like a pretty safe assumption that it has package 2. I know it doesn't have a sunroof and that seems like one of the few add-on options.

I'll give a call tomorrow for the RPO's to verify.. Thanks again for the advice!