General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

I can't help but think, those look familiar somehow

Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Update:

The white wire on the headlight switch plug is the one used to turn on the headlights...

Now I've got my HID's on a relay controlled by the switch, and totally bypassed the BCM.

I've got quadbeams, and I don't have to worry about possibly melting the multi-function switch anymore.
The highbeams are still controlled by the control stick, so the flash to pass feature, as well as regular highbeams stay on... Since my lows are no longer BCM controlled... They're always on, as long as my switch is in the proper postion.

Sweet.

Edit: Okay, so the white wire on the back of the switch appears to give power to the lowbeam DRL's as well... Bloody lights came on when I popped the e-brake off...
Gonna do some more digging.

Edit 2: Also, my HID's are brighter than they were running on the factory wiring... Overkill 12 guage wires will do that, I guess, lol.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:33 PM
BF Veteran

Aha! Finally got it to work!

Low beams turn on ONLY when I turn the headlight switch on.

Highbeams come on and lowbeams stay on.

Instead of splicing into the white wire on the back of the headlight switch, you need to cut it, and run the side from the switch to a relay for the lowbeams...

And the side that goes back into the wiring harness needs to go to a SWITCHED 12 volt source, otherwise you'll have no highbeams, because this wire trips the relay that lets you use headlights. If you hook it to a constantly hot wire, then you'll have a permanent .2 amp draw on your battery + whatever is drawn normally.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: drperry

Update:

The white wire on the headlight switch plug is the one used to turn on the headlights...

Now I've got my HID's on a relay controlled by the switch, and totally bypassed the BCM.

I've got quadbeams, and I don't have to worry about possibly melting the multi-function switch anymore.
The highbeams are still controlled by the control stick, so the flash to pass feature, as well as regular highbeams stay on... Since my lows are no longer BCM controlled... They're always on, as long as my switch is in the proper postion.

Sweet.

Edit: Okay, so the white wire on the back of the switch appears to give power to the lowbeam DRL's as well... Bloody lights came on when I popped the e-brake off...
Gonna do some more digging.

Edit 2: Also, my HID's are brighter than they were running on the factory wiring... Overkill 12 guage wires will do that, I guess, lol.

your DRL's are lowbeams?i also noticed slightly brighter lights when i installed the wiring relay for the HIDs. they got their power directly from the battery instead of through the switch.

i disabled the auto headlights and i like it much better when i have control over my lows being on or off. i dont know if it would be worth it to attempt the quad beam mod. it seems rather difficult.

i'm thinking about maybe getting more HIDs for oem foglights. it looks dumb when i have them on with the lows because its two completely different colors

Old 12-28-2007, 04:36 AM
BF Veteran

No, my DRL's were the highbeams... But as soon as I did the whole relay thing for the low beams, using the same method you did, but with the quadbeam mod, my low beams came on as DRL's.

I never noticed until I closed everything up, because I always had the e-brake on, lol.

But now I've got it licked, and it's actually not all that difficult to do the quadbeam mod, and still have the relay for the low beams, with no DRL's... Now that I know how to do it, lol.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys with the cheap no name branded HID's, how's it going? Everything still working great?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran

So far so good...

They still fire like new! lol

I'll give y'all an update after another -40 stretch, and see if they can keep up.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

mine work great. i love them

Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
zackbennett is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently got a set of Pilot HIDs (full conversion)off ebay (9006's), rigged em all up as per the instructions, and when I turn them on, they wont turn on unless i turn on the highbeams, and when I do that they flicker for a few seconds then die. I was wondering if anyone knows what is up with this or any solutions to it?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

check your headlight relay, maybe it cant handle the wattage from the new HID's. ive herd of people having to UP the relay for headlights because of this problem.

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer