General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

i dont think the projectors will use a 9006 lowbeam bulb. from the pics of drperry's it looks like his needed H1's to fit in the projectors. i dont know too much about the projectors so maybe some more people will be able to answer all your questions. but definately buy the projectors before the HIDs. my brother in law ordered HIDs and projectors for his Jetta, the HIDs came right away but the company he ordered the projectors from was out of stockand a month or two later, they finally sent them. it turns out the projector uses a different bulb than the HIDs he bought. its too late to return the bulbs so hes just gonna have to buy another set of HIDs

Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy has installed them BUT not on a blazer. He has them on his dodge.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The projectors will use your current 9005 headlights... And come with H1 bulbs for the low beams...

Most likely, anyway.

As for hurting the halos... Mine still work great! And they've been like that for a few months now...

To get the HID's to fit in the projectors, you're probably going to have to do some trimming... I hope you've got a dremel! lol

Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

The pic of the headlights on the ebay page show a bulb in the highbeam housing in the middle of the halo. That's the 9005 highbeam bulb I have now? The low beam housing is the reflector housing or the halo socket? The lows go on the outside in the reflector housing, correct? Did yours come with the H1 bulbs needed?

See, now these have the halos around the low beam bulb and the ones that I am looking at have the halos around the high beam bulb. I like the halo around the high beam bulb because the fact that I don't have the high beams on all the time and can have the halos on with the low beam bulbs at night. How do you wire up the halos as the DRL's or can you?

Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Mine came with bulbs for the projectors, which were H1s... I think it's probably the same base company that makes them...

It will probably use your current highbeams, and come with it's own lowbeams.

And I'm sure there's a way to rig the halos to come on with the DRL's... or at least wire it into an ignition controlled wire, and it'll be the equivalent... pretty much, lol. You just won't be able to shut them off without shutting off the truck.

Though, it'd be much easier to wire them into the park lamps, or signal lights...

Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

i got the relay installed today. from what i can tell, it helps. before the relay, every now and then only one light would turn on or sometimes neither of the lights turned on. after the relay, i tried it and they both came on. about 10 minutes later i tried it again and they both came on. i keep running outside every 15 min or so to check and they both turn on. the relay goes from a single headlight harness and plugs into both ballasts. that way when one headlight is on, both are on. the relay draws power directly from the battery instead of running power through the stock wiring harness.

ORIGINAL: drperry

Are your daytime running lights your highbeams or lows?

Mine were the highbeams... I know it worked after I did the DRL mod under the hood, and it brought my highbeam DRL's back...
my DRL's are my high beams at half power.

when i tried the quadbeam mod, i followed Kyle's How-to step by step but it didnt work. its not that big of deal though, i rarely use my highbeam.

i recently disabled the automatic headlights and i like it better with manual control

It's good to hear your HID's are running fine now. RELAY KITFTW!!!!!!! lol

Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, but I still had to take my relay out

It's the quadbeam mod that did it, lol.

I've got a good idea how to fix it, too... just gotta run wires to the headlight switch... and I can my quadbeam relay to power the HID's, as I'll just use the headlight switch itself to trip the relay... Then the lowbeams are independant of the highbeam control stick...

Old 12-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

You should do a How To.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:43 PM
BF Veteran

If I get a warm enough day, so I'm not in the garage freezing my nuts off while doing it, that's what I'll do, lol.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I found a video showing the halos blinking with the turning signlas. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmoR9OO5L4

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer