General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

If you disabled your daytime running lights, and have the quadbeam mod, then your lowbeams will come on as DRL's when you install that relay, lol.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i still have the DRL and auto-lights

Old 12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You shouldn't have any issues, then.

Though, I'd reccomend the quadbeam mod for anybody running HID's, since they don't like being turned on/off rapidly...

Also, when you're driving down the road, and you turn your highbeams off, you're gonna have a short period of darkness while the lights warm up, lol.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i tried the quadbeam back when i had regular bulbs but it didnt work...

if im driving and turn on my High beam, the HIDs go off (like normal) but as soon as i turn the highs off, the HIDs come back at full brightness... when i first turn them on they have to warm up though

Old 12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
BF Veteran

Well, if you're doing lots of highway driving, then your HID's are going to have lots of time to cool down, lol.

I'll see if I can dig up all the stuff I did to get my quadbeams working...

The easy way is to ground the yellow wire from the lowbeams on the drivers side, if I remember right...

Old 12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: drperry

...The easy way is to ground the yellow wire from the lowbeams on the drivers side, if I remember right...
thats the way i tried. it didnt work...

Old 12-13-2007, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran

Are your daytime running lights your highbeams or lows?

Mine were the highbeams... I know it worked after I did the DRL mod under the hood, and it brought my highbeam DRL's back...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran

i got the relay installed today. from what i can tell, it helps. before the relay, every now and then only one light would turn on or sometimes neither of the lights turned on. after the relay, i tried it and they both came on. about 10 minutes later i tried it again and they both came on. i keep running outside every 15 min or so to check and they both turn on. the relay goes from a single headlight harness and plugs into both ballasts. that way when one headlight is on, both are on. the relay draws power directly from the battery instead of running power through the stock wiring harness.

ORIGINAL: drperry

Are your daytime running lights your highbeams or lows?

Mine were the highbeams... I know it worked after I did the DRL mod under the hood, and it brought my highbeam DRL's back...
my DRL's are my high beams at half power.

when i tried the quadbeam mod, i followed Kyle's How-to step by step but it didnt work. its not that big of deal though, i rarely use my highbeam.

i recently disabled the automatic headlights and i like it better with manual control

Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran

Glad to hear it's working out good for ya!

I'm thinking of re-wiring the headlights, so the relays are tripped directly by the switch with none of that evil polarity reversal... But that's going to be a lot of work to get the highbeams working, lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:02 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Okay, let me see if I got this right. When you order projectors off of ebay, they come with a highbeam lamp in it already. My highbeams are on the inside lens and the lows are on the ouside next to the amber corner bulb. Now, I can see that these have a bulb in the highbeam spot, does this bulb just plug right into the stock socket? What, and if any,modifications are needed to get the stock lowbeam bulb (9006, right?) into the opening? I am interested in getting these from ebay. I am stumped on all of this stuff. I like the HID conversion also. What is involved in getting this to work too. I was looking at conversion kits on ebay and wanted to know what kind of modifications, and again if there is any necessary, to get this to work too. I would probably get the projectors first and the get the HID's later down the road. Can't afford both right off the bat. I read an old post too about rabbit wiring his halos into the turn signals so they flash with the turn signals. Is this healthy for the halos and how is it done. I could probably figure it out ftre searching for a while, but I like to have all the possible information handy and plan everything out so I can get it done as quick as possible. If there is anything I forgot to ask, please add some more helpful information please. Thanks

*Oh, and I have both lows and highs as silvania silverstar bulbs if it helps. They are pretty bright I must say. Of course HID's are way way brighter than these, but some of the pics I see with stock headlights are sooo yellow. Mine are actually kind of white. I'll see if I can get a pic tonight with the headlights.

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer