General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Auto Parts Rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=rexazz2;574346]For you guys that are told "we dont stock it"
I blew a brake line on my car
I had a roll of 3/16 line at home but no line nuts or unions
I went to the closest Canadian Tire
Kid behind the counter tells me "they dont stock it"
Keep in mind there is a 20 bay shop attached to this place
I told the kid if they dont stock them they better close the doors , go back and check again LOL
He eventually got one of the mechanics in the shop to show him[/QUOTE

This another problem I have with the part stores they very seldom have the part I need in stock,they always have to order.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

The advanced store I go to is a bunch of young know it alls and one older guy (Ed) who DOES know a lot. When I have questions, he`s who I go to. Knows lots of little tricks also

Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Yea,ive learned who to talk to in the chains now locally. There is 2 or 3 guys now that i know they know what they are doing. You have to weed out the fly by nighters and the ones who know enough to help you.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Yea,ive learned who to talk to in the chains now locally. There is 2 or 3 guys now that i know they know what they are doing. You have to weed out the fly by nighters and the ones who know enough to help you.

Yep

any ways I went to pickup the solenoid . Installed it in their lot and came home to connect the blade... ALL is well now .
Funny how the new box said Negative TRIGGER for western PUMPS

Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=1sttimejimmyowner;574376]
Originally Posted by rexazz2
For you guys that are told "we dont stock it"
I blew a brake line on my car
I had a roll of 3/16 line at home but no line nuts or unions
I went to the closest Canadian Tire
Kid behind the counter tells me "they dont stock it"
Keep in mind there is a 20 bay shop attached to this place
I told the kid if they dont stock them they better close the doors , go back and check again LOL
He eventually got one of the mechanics in the shop to show him[/QUOTE

This another problem I have with the part stores they very seldom have the part I need in stock,they always have to order.
I live 2 minutes from a Napa warehouse, and about 20 from an orielly warehouse. so if orielly does not have it, they will get it there in a half hour, napa always has it, but i hate napa.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I've found if you look up the item online and provide the counter guy with a part number, it makes the whole process go smoother. although once I still had a guy want to know year, make, model, color, etc even when I told him the part number I wanted. Kinda irritated me. But they probably get customers in there who don't have a clue what they need, order the wrong part, and come back hollering. I just chalked it up to the kid doing due diligence, and went along with it.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

The parking lots at my nearest AutoZone and O'Reilly's are side by side. The Advance store is 2 blocks down the road. On some things, the O'Reilly's is the same price but on others, it's higher.Advance is about on a par with the other two. The main reason I go to AutoZone more is they have longer hours 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. and they have the loyalty card with one point for every $20 I spend and when I get 5 points, I get $20 credit on it. Basically a discount. As much as I spend there, I save some major bucks at times.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

IMO discount parts usually means discount service
their cutting the price somewhere