General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bought my wife a Blazer today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, how do you like those tires? i've been running the same tire since summer and they are amazing. i have alittle over 12,000miles and they hardly signs of wear. they grip almost everywhere and i can leave my truck in 2wd in most cases. even in snow, they will spin for a sec then just lanuch forward. only problem i have with them is that they seem to loose chunks from the tread to easy when rock crawling. its great watching my truck go place the big boys go and i'm only on 31s. i used to run with guys on 36's and up and i could follow them down most trails. i get lots of complements from ppl about my tires, most ppl have never seen a balzer/jimmy 4dr lifted with mt tires.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member
Sway_89S10 is on a distinguished road

Sweet truck! Haha, It's threads like this that make me want to upgrade to a 2nd gen!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great man, love the look of the lights on top!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sway_89S10
Sweet truck! Haha, It's threads like this that make me want to upgrade to a 2nd gen!
Do it dude! You won't be disappointed

-Joe

Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by greenjimmy
hey, how do you like those tires? i've been running the same tire since summer and they are amazing. i have alittle over 12,000miles and they hardly signs of wear. they grip almost everywhere and i can leave my truck in 2wd in most cases. even in snow, they will spin for a sec then just lanuch forward. only problem i have with them is that they seem to loose chunks from the tread to easy when rock crawling. its great watching my truck go place the big boys go and i'm only on 31s. i used to run with guys on 36's and up and i could follow them down most trails. i get lots of complements from ppl about my tires, most ppl have never seen a balzer/jimmy 4dr lifted with mt tires.
I love them so far...I have the same ones on both my blazers. The tread wear is great and in the mud they are outstanding. I haven't had a chance to hit any rocks lately, but I will in early March =)

At Sway_89S10:

You should totally do it. The only drawback I have found with the upgrades (tires) is that at highway speeds it downshifts more often, but not enough to be an issue. Gas mileage didn't drop much either. If you wanted to Mod yours without any drawbacks 30x9.5's with a torsion bar crank to get the front off the ground shouldn't effect anything but the speedo.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

got the same tires on mine i just had the speed-o recalobrated by the local speed/dyno shop for $25 and took off the speed limiter and adjusted the shift points. makes a hell of a difference. these tires scream mt's but ride like at's
and for $110 a piece thanks to grand mom's walmart discount card!can't beat em!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RebelJimmy96
got the same tires on mine i just had the speed-o recalobrated by the local speed/dyno shop for $25 and took off the speed limiter and adjusted the shift points. makes a hell of a difference. these tires scream mt's but ride like at's
and for $110 a piece thanks to grand mom's walmart discount card!can't beat em!
Hmmmmmm...I might just have to get that done. I love the tires. Their ride is amazing.