General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Camping

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Natika Dawn is on a distinguished road
Default Camping

This might be the wrong place for this thread but here I go...
I've got a 2003 Chevy Blazer with 238k miles on her. They are very well maintained miles lol. The thing is, I want to do some camping. I want to strip the seats out and basically convert her to a camper. Has anyone here done that? If so, can you post some pics? I want to give her a 2 inch lift, all terrain tires and a roof basket for sure. I'm still debating on solar, mainly because I don't know if I want to put in a travel fridge or a cooler. I just want to see some set ups for some ideas. I've looked online and most people used cargo vans, mini vans or a different type of SUV. My Blazer has the tailgate so that makes their ideas and builds not right for my rig. Thanks y'all!!

Old 05-02-2020, 12:27 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

This sounds like an interesting mod. When you described what you want to do, I had visions of what I've seen people do with 4Runners. Before I purchased mine, I made sure I could lay down in the back with the seats down and sleep stretchered out.

I can see where you could free up some cargo space by removing the rear seats. I can't see there being much more room to found inside of trucks. They are not the largest.

One option is a tent that attaches to the rear of the SUV so that the interior space of the truck is connected to the tent space. I've never seen one of these attached to a Blazer.

I did find these pictures below of an idea for how to increase the room of a small SUV for camping. It is basically a box that you can pull out to extend the interior space.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:09 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

* Moved to 'General Chat' *