General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Driving Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Beginning Member
rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving Lights?

how can i wire a pair of driving lights, or where can i get it done. normally i do everything myself, but wiring has proved a bit tricky for me. if anyone can help, please do!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Driving Lights?

Did you already purchase the lights? Some lights come pre-wired and when I had a set of those I just cut the main power wire and had it run through my DRL fuse. I hated the pre-wired ones. What kind are they? It might help if everyone knew. I'm not sure cause I don't know how different it is between brands. Another thing to know is do you want them to run through your high beams? This meaning that they only work when you turn on your high beams. There is a way to avoid this cause there was no way I was gonna do that considering my low beams a 10 times brighter than my highs. Give us more info and this will be an easier question to answer, IMO.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Any truck shop, dealership, or car audio place will install them for you... They'll charge you 2 hours labor for it, though.

If you bought the kit new, it's peanuts, as all you have to do is read the instructions

Usually, there's a red wire with a fuse in it... That goes to the battery.
Black gets grounded to the chassis.

If it's a little bit higher quality, it should've come with a relay, in which case you run a wire from the switch to the relay... Much better and less wires to run that way.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

The wiring for that came with my PIAAs was not only complete/easy, but made great too.