General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fishing rod holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 08:49 AM
TxTurtle is on a distinguished road

If those won't work, some of the hooks might if you used them along with some double sided velcro strips wrapped around the poles with a ring or loop on them that would go over a hook.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by don james
soooo.....AJ have you tried tying them to the roof rack......i can stick the handles under the cross piece in the front and tie them to the rack at the back cross piece......it seems like this will work.......with reels attached .......i haven't tried it yet, but i'm going on the Thursday, I'll give it a try.......

aren't you up in south park???...........do you fish antero spinney and 11 mile??......
Haven't tied them to the roof rack as my trout rods are a couple of G.Loomis' and a Fenwick. I'd hate to lose them trying to test out the roof rack, along with the reels. That and they are fairly light weight with the Fenwick being an ultra light.

And, yes, I'm very close to South Park but on the east side of Wilkerson Pass. I've fished all three with Antero being my favorite. I'll be working at Spinney here pretty soon when they open up the lake as a boat inspector. Kind of hoping not for another week or so.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer9614 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TxTurtle
Use some 3M Command Cord Bundlers to hang them. They should stick to the trim above the side windows in the back. & then it would be simple to strap them up & take them down. I use these things to hang the steering wheels for a Wii behind my garage TV. That way the kids don't lose them easily. Plus they come off like all of the other command strip hanger products if you get rid of the vehicle at some point down the road.
I would recommend cleaning the trim with some alcohol before applying the strips though to remove any oils or dirt/dust that would keep them from sticking good. The ones in my garage have been holding strong for about 3 years now.

Command? Cord Bundlers
That's a pretty good idea. I'll have to try that

Old 04-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

If i make it to spinney this summer .I'll look for ya and say HI.....

Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I just used the wife as a rod holder.. oh wait...

But really, there are a lot of things that could be used.
start with the "clothing" hooks at the rear door, and expand from there. The options are limitless, its only plastic that you would be screwing into.