General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
neverends is on a distinguished road

93 s10 blazer 4x4 (currently not working) 4.3 cpi
gas tank
fuel pump/filter/screen
rough country lift (mistake been nothing but problems
lower ball jhoints
upper balljoints 3x
calipers 1rotor pads duralast gold
rear shoes / wheel cylinders
torsion bar crossmember mounts
ratiator/fanclutch/waterpump/ belt
door window rear hatch window windshield 2 window motors
entire interior was tan now charcoal grey
stereo just a pioneer stock speakers n whatnot for now
ENGINE
coolant temp sensor / map /throttle pos. / mat / cleaned egr and iac
plugs 3x wires 2x cap rotor
spider injector
tires now have bfg muds 31x10.5 with a lil driveway trim job
k&n air filter on stock tube
3 door handles
all i can remember right now probably alot more tranny frame body n axles bout only things i havnt replaced still runnin like ccrraaapp but im toooo deep to give up distributor coil or ecm r my last thoughts go ahead and chime in if any1 has i deas
o yea had the truckjust over 2 years n iv only put bout 25000 on it only a lil over 2500 on new motor

Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Beginning Member
STONES_EDGE_KNL is on a distinguished road

Bought my 2000 a few weeks a go for 800 no revrse,i put a rebiuld in it for 1200 so i got 2000 in my 2000

Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Starting Member
AlexanderJ87 is on a distinguished road

I drive an '87 Blazer. My dad got it for free about eight years ago, and the two of us put a manual transmission in it (it had a blown automatic when we got it). I started driving it a little over two years ago, when I got my license. About six months ago I had to replace the distributor, too... which is an absolute bitch.

I'm thinking real hard about repainting it to candy-apple red with a white stripe down the side, and maybe swapping out the engine. I have the 2.8L engine, now. It would be nice to have a little more get up and go.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Park is on a distinguished road
Default Thumper

I bought my 98 4door 4WD back in April of 2011. Paid 1600 for her with 190,000 miles on her. She now has 198xxx. For the first few months she was great, then the FPR died. Replaced that along with a new air filter. As my time went on she got new brake pads all around. New outer wheel bearing in the rear. Couple exhaust mods and now another one due to a bad weld cracked open. New fuel filter, new tps, new upstream O2 sensors. Drained trans, new filter then filled. All in all I have maybe spent $400 in parts that I can recall. I know I'm forgetting a few things I've done. I still have plenty of worn suspension parts and other things to replace. I plan on dropping how much $$$$ I need to to keep her kicking. She'll be mine even after death. No matter what happens I'm getting buried in this truck.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Beginning Member
tstaller2005 is on a distinguished road

I have had my Blazer since September 2011. I have not put much into it yet besides an alignment and 4 wheel drive vac lines. I am not sure I have too much planned to do to it. I have a 98 Grand Prix GTP I am working with doing mods to and its costing a lot more then planned so dont know if I want to do that with the Blazer either

Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Starting Member
dano440 is on a distinguished road

I have had mine for 8 years 1999 Blazer LS 4dr 4x4 it had 76,000 mile when we got it, now 8 years later its got 131000 miles

lower ball joints
transmission
left front axle shaft and bearing (twice)
right front axle shaft and bearing
front drive shaft
shocks
brake pads twice
tires once
fuel pump
fuel filter
muffler
tail pipe
2 batteries
water pump twice
radiator
vacuum lines
idler arm
stabilizer bushings
one tail light bulb

including the price of the blazer and all the repairs over 8 years about $12,365

Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Starting Member
Flowbee is on a distinguished road

I have 2004..bought it brand new as an Xtreme but its bagged body dropped with suicide doors and 20" wheels now...im looking for Australian blazer tail lights for it does anyone have any ideas where to find em? So far i havent had any luck..im new to the whole forum deal so if you can help then text me at 302-420-9720 id really appreciate it thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
deeder is on a distinguished road
Default My blazer

Bought my k5 blazer in 1983. Wouldn't pull youf hat off, found out some one had put in a 305 for stock 400. So built a 350 with moderate crane cam and put on hookerer headers. That blew up so i dropped in a 350 grooms 4 bolt mains. Went back with stock manifolds and street tires. Replaced all brakes twice inculding master cylinder front brake calipers..twice..and replaced exhaust. Totally redid interior completly. Now it's not my daily driver so i'm looking into making it more off road friendly.So looks like i'll be spending more money on it. But it is a strong truck and never left me stranded so shes worth the effort. Looking to put biggest on/off tires that will fit stock rims. Not sure about exactly what will fit, anyone have suggestions?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Default Bout a yr and way more than I like to say

Paid $1900 for 95 blazer ls 4wd with just over 167k miles approx yr ago. In last 8 mths ive rebuilt front end all but tie rods $700, two radiators over $400, serpentine belt knocker sensor temp sending unit fan clutch thermostat rotors and pads (pads twice) cooling system flush and treatment for lifter knockin so all that bout $700 there and then the wire for the a/c compressor $20 and also the master cylinder $100...and im sure theres more im forgetting but Ive already put as much into it as I paid for it not counting the fact it broke down last night and needs an alternator now so theres another $175 with labor IF it dont have to be towed...o yeah, and a battery a few wks ago so another $100 there.....and at that, I quit listing things and what its costed cause I dont wana think about it ne more lol

Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

my wife bought mine in high school and she drove it for 2 years, i have had it for 8 years and have dun a lot to it. in total, ive dumped close to $4000 into it. but its a strong, fun lil/big toy.

Quick Reply: How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?