General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hydrogen on Demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

Agreed.

I used to overclock PC's quite a bit and you really couldn't prove any of your "clock increases" without documented performance tests before and after on the same test bed without crashes for a set period of time.

Very little of the claims so far show that, much less by a third party to take away the "sales" factor. The old internet rule of "pics or it didn't happen" apply very much so in this case.

I'm really looking forward to the before and after on the dyno tests and consumption tests in January but I would highly recommend independent testing to offer extra credibility to your claims.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Binky is on a distinguished road

H.O.D gas unit fitted on my Harley Davidson 1340,have had this dyno tested @ Procycles Onekawa NewZealand results are mind blowing,
Results: Fuel consumption trials
Petrol only 95 octane = 18.7 kms/litre
Petrol + HOD 4% = 32.00kms/litre

Bike was run at constant 3100 rpm in top gear 70mph/120kph for duration of test with a 10% brake loading on brake drum
engine oil was 20c cooler with hydrogen on
hp went from 54.56 to 64.42

Tourqe from 63.83 to 72.48 (ft-lbs )

I have an electrical and engineering background and can truthfully confirm it works
the manufacture of all components are of a high standard,with the electronics made by a well respected multi-national company
NB: I have no personal or monetry interests in this bussiness, all I have is the actual data of the dyno tests which i witnessed form start to finish

Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Binky, can you post the data sheets for the dyno tests as seeing is believing.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Add another person to this discussion with some credentials and it's all ok...

BTW, was the unit self contained on the bike or powered from an external source?

There are just too many variables to say definitively that those gains were solely from the HOD unit. Anyone with any kind of scientific background (be it engineering or otherwise) should immediately see that. One test with each setup is nothing.

There are plenty of ingenious ways to skew dyno results. Air quality, air temperature, heat soak (test duration anyone?), etc can all have an effect on the numbers you reach. Did you allow sufficient run time off of the HOD system to bring the bike back into proper tune for straight gasoline (petrol)? This can often take a few drive cycles to properly adjust.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Binky is on a distinguished road

have been testing this unit for approx 8 weeks ,(I am always dubious of fly by nighters) i have lost a lot of sleep thinking about it .
The final dyno test was done after i was happy with the tuning of bike,then the HOD tests where carried out,the results being checked and rechecked because we all didn't believe them I will scan and attach all relevant paper work for your comments

the HOD unit is a compact unit that is on the bike permanently.
power supply via the bike battery through PC rev responsive from data link on coil
amperage= .75amps @ idle
2 amps when cruising is the maximum

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-25-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT feature if another member has yet to respond. Consecutive posting is against forum rules.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Starting Member
Cleanfuelz.com is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
Until recently 'Hydro blazer' worked for me. He has not misled you in what he has posted. Using an HOD system as I have done for the past 2 years in my 2001 Blazer has shown me that using hydrogen as a catalyst to enable full burning of the petrol I have paid for WORKS. in fact performance improves with time as all carbon deposits are stripped out of the motor i.e. Zero Emissions Ltd tests showed 1094ppm HC without hydrogen dropping to 237 ppm with hydrogen and 9 ppm when tested 4 months later. Exhaust emissions were just as clean before the catalytic converter as after so I removed the cat and gained 16 horsepower, -- this on dyno test. Dyno testing has also shown 10 to 30% fuel saving with a number of vehicles -- mine has gone from 17.5 litres / 100 km down to 14 litres / 100 km and I am sure it would be better if I obeyed the speed limit An ag contractor is saving up to 3 litres of diesel / ha. while drilling 20 ha. / day with a 280 hp tractor = 60 litres saved / day. We have plenty of units available at $nz 750.00 if you want to try one.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Hey Dale,

Speak about the devil I was ringing you from work about 3 weeks ago but got interupted by the boss before I got through. Never got round to ring again. Just been too busy. Still am. LOL I was curious about the results from the dyno test you were having done up in Whangarei.

As you gather, I've still got the Black Beast. Still running 19ltr/100km in & around town LOL Even after Bunce did a full service & tune up!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

The power gains could be true due to the added oxygen. I have a hard time believing the hydrogen does much though.

Does anyone have an oxygen supply they can run through the intake in a ghetto fashion and see how much of a difference it makes? Running extra O2 through the intake would be similar to a denser intake charge (ie forced induction).

Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

But wouldn't that risk burning a piston due to running so lean?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

It'd have to be tuned of course.