General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Just a big THANK YOU to all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
rviolette84 is on a distinguished road
Smile Just a big THANK YOU to all!

Saturday I became a member of this forum after acquiring my first Blazer. A 98 LS 4wd with 160k. Immediately after trading my car for the Blazer, I had brought it in the shop that I work at to drain and replace all the fluids and give it a good inspection. My first dilemma appeared instantly. An over filled T-case that I was able to determine, after reading advice from you fine people, that the trans output shaft seal and t case input shaft seal were spanked. Well, after getting our first snow storm of the year last night I was excited to use 4wd this morning and feel that awesome security of go anywhereness. My entire 4wd system seemed to work fine until I went to move and only the rear tires spun! I was livid! Completely overwhelmed and frustrated, I read, and read, and read some more on Blazer forum, and after much research, determined that my vacuum switch, and actuator were done. If you happen to read this, Captain Hook, I want to especially thank you. I found your knowledge to be far more than I would've expected in a public forum. Threw in a brand new actuator and vacuum switch, and presto, I've got 4wd! I would've spent much much more time and money narrowing it down had it not been for the community on Blazer forum. So, to each and every one of you, I sincerely say thank you and hope to someday be as much of a help to another Blazer newb such as myself.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I agree Captain Hook has a very broad knowledge of how to get to the bottom of a problem. Glad you found the help you needed. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of experience.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 4x4blazerguy
I agree Captain Hook has a very broad knowledge of how to get to the bottom of a problem. Glad you found the help you needed. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of experience.

indeed