General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

L.P.G. any of you guys run it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
wetdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L.P.G. any of you guys run it?

good day one and all.
i am the new owner of a used year 2000, ls mid blazer with 70 000 miles on it. moved across from ford explorer's due to reliability and maintenance issue's, nice one ford a good truck ruined by ignorance.

i picked her up for £900 with a few minor ****les, which i have almost sorted. spluttering, which was a loose HT lead. and the LPG conversion not running. which it turns out was caused by the HT lead.
the particular conversion on this motor is an american one, IMPCO, from california i beleive and one of the best kits in the world.
with gas over here clocking in at almost £1 per litre, LPG is only .48 pence per litre. making a big lump like this affordable, just. and i was wondering if anyone else ran LPG on here and if they had any feed back.

regards,
mick.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: L.P.G. any of you guys run it?

Very little usage of LPG by individuals, especially with the price of gas as low as it is right now ($1.80 per gallon here in Texas). Some government entities use it in their fleet vehicles, though. There is actually very little access to LPG for private motorists.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
burak sozer is an unknown quantity at this point

1996 and newer engines accept multi point syste LPG conversion very well, it comes with its own ECM. Its very common here in Turkey. %80 percent of Blazers are converted ( not mine) . Cost starts at 1000$ roughly.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I know a LOT of South America run LPG but here in the states, mostly just farm vehicles and fleet vehicles. It just is not widely available over here to make it viable for the average driver.