General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Opinions on Box C title

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:42 AM
blazedandconfused28 is on a distinguished road
Red face Opinions on Box C title

I'm new on here, possibly staying around depending on whether or not I buy this 1976 blazer I'm looking at tomorrow. My main concern is with the title, does it matter with a truck this old? I know that box c means not actual mileage, but how does it affect the value of a classic truck? I'm concerned b/c I don't want to over pay, or get screwed when I eventually try to sell it.

A little backstory, I manage my family's self serve car wash business, and the other day (on my day off) a guy pulled up in this 76 blazer. Knowing that I've been looking at blazers my dad questioned the owner, apparently it sounds really good, body is straight, has the wrong year grille, motor was supposedly rebuilt around 6k miles ago, it's a v8 not sure what size or if it's original. Aftermarket wheels/tires/lift. The owner is a used car dealer, claims the truck was his father's that was given to him, his father also told him that he wasn't allowed to sell it. But apparently he needs the cash and was washing it so he could sell it.(tax season is around the corner) My dad offered him $5k on the spot, he countered with $6500. I called his business yesterday but apparently he didn't pay the phone bill. Then today he called me and agreed on $5k. He was gone when I showed up so I followed one of his employees to his house to view the truck, but b/c the owner wasn't there and he had a yard full of dogs I could only see it through a fence 15 yards away. As nice as the story is about it being his father's truck it's irrelevant, especially from a used car dealer but the price is right, besides the title is there anything else I should look out for? Is there a good way to test the 4wd? Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by blazedandconfused28; 11-05-2019 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:13 PM

No one has bothered to comment but I can see this thread has been viewed over 100 times since last night so I'll let anyone who cares to know what happened. I didn't buy it, it had newer 80's fenders/grille, needed some small rust repair, interior needed work, with the c title it wasn't worth it to me. I've since found cleaner ones for sale at similar prices, I did some more research and I really like the 83/84 grille best, apparently 81-91 blazer fenders are identical so I'll be looking at these years. The hunt continues...

Old 11-05-2019, 07:35 PM
odat will become famous soon enough

I'm from Wyoming and there is really no such thing as a box c title here - I had to search just what the heck you was talking about - Here anything over a 100K is labeled as not a accurate millage vehicle - If I liked the blazer I would have not let that little detail bother me - However as it needed work I would have to jew the price down and if they wouldn't go down I would have walked too

Old 11-06-2019, 01:10 AM

odat, Thanks for the reply, that actually helps a lot. I couldn't find much from google on the subject. Yea I guess the c title on a classic isn't a big deal, We also have a B title here in AZ for older cars when the odometer rolls over.

Last edited by blazedandconfused28; 11-06-2019 at 01:26 AM.