General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

replacing 50state cat with 49state cat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

yeah, go 49 state. the cali thing is just a gig to get more money basically. like everyone has been saying. change your O2 sensors first, then the cat. or do both the same day. either way, i wouldnt drive too, too much with a new cat and bad O2 sensors. thats a good way to burn them out quick. (the cat)

Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I was planning on changing out the O2's myself before I make the appointment for the cat......i just can't see how having two cats versus one cat would make a huge difference...or hurt the truck for that matter. Plus being all the way across the country......I wanna save myself the extra 600 bucks.....I can put that towards the fuel pump lol

Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I was planning on changing out the O2's myself before I make the appointment for the cat......i just can't see how having two cats versus one cat would make a huge difference...or hurt the truck for that matter. Plus being all the way across the country......I wanna save myself the extra 600 bucks.....I can put that towards the fuel pump lol

Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

The sole purpose of the pre-cat is to "pre-heat" the exhaust gases prior to reaching the cat itself, thus allowing the cat to heat up quicker and start removing the nasty stuff the commies in Kali hate so much. Not having a pre-cat just causes the cat to heat up a little bit slower before it can do it's thing.

I changed out my commie approved pre-cat/cat with one of the "dirty" ones a couple of months ago. I no longer live in the commie state nor ever plan to go back. There have been ZERO issues since the swap and I just got back from about a 2500 mile road trip.

Save your money and get the 49 states cat.