General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

switching oil brands??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default switching oil brands??

i currently use Q horsepower full synthetic and i would like to switch to mobil 1 synthetic now i know certain types of oil dont mix well, causing sludge build up etc., but does anyone know if i will run into any problems going from the q to mobil 1?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: switching oil brands??

I wouldn't worry one bit about it. Shouldn't have any issues.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

alright thanks..lol time to run the checker now

Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't worry about it. you would get sludge going from conventional to synthetic but going from synthetic to synthetic you should be fine.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I also heard that if you switch to synthetic oil you can't go back to conventional oil because it'll screw up your gaskets from expansion and contraption, and you'll end up with a leek.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Starting Member
curse is an unknown quantity at this point

So what if you dont know what was in it before? Is there a way to completely drain the previous oil?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is another myth from the very beginning of synthetics. With the way oils are now, you can switch back and forth with no worries. I did it with my Bravada when I had a oil pan gasket leak. The leak was due to loosening bolts. The synthetic oil showed it to me and I switched back to dino juice so I wasn't wasting expensive oil. Fixed the leak and it was all good again. Switched back to synthetic and never looked back.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

When I bought my car im assuming the owner before me used regular oilbecause of thecheapo fram filter. All my cars I get I switch to Mobil 1 Synthetic and a Mobil 1 or K&N Filter. Never Had a problem.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM

thats exactly what im runnin now the mobil 1 with a k&n oil filter